- The report contains detailed information about Key Energy Services Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Key Energy Services Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Key Energy Services Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Key Energy Services Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Key Energy Services Inc. business.
About Key Energy Services Inc.
Key Energy Services, Inc. operates as an onshore, rig-based well servicing contractor.
The company provides a range of services to major oil companies, foreign national oil companies and independent oil and natural gas production companies, including rig-based well maintenance and workover services, well completion and recompletion services, fluid management services, pressure pumping services, fishing and rental services, wireline services, and other ancillary oilfield services. The company operates in major oil and gas producing regions of the continental United States, and has operations based in Mexico, Argentina, and the Russian Federation. Additionally, the company has a technology development group based in Canada and has ownership interests in two oilfield service companies based in Canada.
The company operates in two business segments, Well Servicing and Production Services.
Well Servicing segment includes rig-based services and fluid management services.
Production Services segment includes pressure pumping services, fishing and rental services and wireline services.
WELL SERVICING SEGMENT
The companys rig-based services include the maintenance, workover, and recompletion of existing oil and gas wells, completion of newly-drilled wells, and plugging and abandonment of wells at the end of their useful lives. It also provides drilling services to oil and natural gas producers with certain of well servicing rigs that are capable of providing conventional and/or horizontal drilling services. Its rigs consist of various sizes and capabilities, allowing working on all types of wells with depths up to 20,000 feet. Its rigs are outfitted with proprietary KeyView technology, which captures and reports well site operating data.
Competitors for U.S. rig-based services include Nabors Industries Ltd., Basic Energy Services, Inc., Complete Production Services, Inc., Bronco Drilling Company, Inc., Forbes Energy Services Ltd. and Pioneer Drilling Company. In Argentina, competitors are San Antonio International (formerly Pride International), Nabors Industries Ltd. and Allis-Chalmers Energy Inc. In Mexico, San Antonio International and Forbes Energy Services Ltd. are main competitors. In the Russian Federation, major competitors are Weatherford International Ltd. and Integran Technologies Inc.
Fluid Management Services
The company provides fluid management services, including oilfield transportation and produced water disposal services, with a fleet of heavy- and medium-duty trucks. The specific services offered include vacuum truck services, fluid transportation services and disposal services for operators whose wells produce saltwater or other fluids. It also supplies frac tanks which are used for temporary storage of fluids associated with fluid hauling operations. In addition, the company provides equipment trucks that are used to move large pieces of equipment from one well site to the next, and operates a fleet of hot oilers which are capable of pumping heated fluids that are used to clear soluable restrictions in a well bore. The company owned or leased 57 active saltwater disposal (SWD) wells, as of December 31, 2009.
Competitors for domestic fluid management services include Basic Energy Services, Inc., Complete Production Services, Inc., Nabors Industries Ltd. and Stallion Oilfield Services Ltd.
PRODUCTION SERVICES SEGMENT
Pressure Pumping Services
The companys pressure pumping services include fracturing, nitrogen, acidizing, cementing, and coiled tubing services. It has approximately 212,000 stimulation pressure pumping horsepower and a fleet of coiled tubing units. These services are provided to oil and natural gas producers and are used to enhance the production of oil and natural gas wells from formations which exhibit restricted flow of oil and natural gas. In the fracturing process, the company pumps fluid and sized sand, or proppants, into a well at high pressure in order to fracture the formation and thereby increase the flow of oil and natural gas. With cementing services, the company pumps cement into a well between the ca
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Key Energy Services Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Key Energy Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Key Energy Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Key Energy Services Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Key Energy Services Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Key Energy Services Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Key Energy Services Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Key Energy Services Inc. Major Shareholders
Key Energy Services Inc. History
Key Energy Services Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Key Energy Services Inc. Offices and Representations
Key Energy Services Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Key Energy Services Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Key Energy Services Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Key Energy Services Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Key Energy Services Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Key Energy Services Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Key Energy Services Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Key Energy Services Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Key Energy Services Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Key Energy Services Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Key Energy Services Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Key Energy Services Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?