- The report contains detailed information about Dril-Quip, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dril-Quip, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dril-Quip, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dril-Quip, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dril-Quip, Inc. business.
About Dril-Quip, Inc.
Dril-Quip, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of offshore drilling and production equipment that is suited for use in deepwater, harsh environment, and severe service applications.
The companys principal products consist of subsea and surface wellheads, subsea and surface production trees, subsea control systems and manifolds, mudline hanger systems, specialty connectors and associated pipe, drilling and production riser systems, liner hangers, wellhead connectors, and diverters. The companys products are used by independent and foreign national oil and gas companies in offshore areas throughout the world. It also provides technical advisory assistance on an as-requested basis during installation of its products, as well as rework and reconditioning services for customer-owned Dril-Quip products. In addition, Dril-Quips customers may rent or purchase running tools from the company for use in the installation and retrieval of its products.
The companys operations are organized into three geographic segments: western Hemisphere (including North and South America; headquartered in Houston, Texas), eastern Hemisphere (including Europe and Africa; headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland) and Asia-Pacific (including the Pacific Rim, Southeast Asia, Australia, India and the Middle East; headquartered in Singapore).
The company maintains additional facilities for fabrication and/or reconditioning in Norway, Denmark, China and Australia. Its manufacturing operations are vertically integrated, allowing it to perform all of its forging, heat treating, machining, fabrication, inspection, assembly and testing at its own facilities. The companys subsidiaries are Dril-Quip (Europe) Limited (DQE), located in Aberdeen with branches in Denmark, Norway and Holland; Dril-Quip Asia Pacific PTE Ltd. (DQAP), located in Singapore; Dril-Quip do Brasil LTDA (DQB), located in Macae, Brazil; and Dril-Quip Holdings Pty Ltd. (DQH), located in Perth, Australia. Dril-Quip (Nigeria) Ltd. is located in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Dril-Quip Egypt for Petroleum Services S.A.E. is located in Alexandria, Egypt.
Products and Services
The companys products are used to explore for oil and gas on offshore drilling rigs, such as floating rigs and jack-ups, and for drilling and production of oil and gas wells on offshore platforms, TLPs, Spars and moored vessels such as FPSOs.
Subsea Equipment: Subsea equipment is used in the drilling and production of offshore oil and gas wells around the world. Included in the subsea equipment product line are subsea wellheads, mudline hanger systems, specialty connectors and associated pipe, subsea production trees, liner hangers, subsea control systems and subsea manifolds.
Subsea wellheads are pressure-containing forged and machined metal housings in which casing hangers are landed and sealed subsea to suspend casing (downhole pipe). The companys SS-15 Big Bore Subsea Wellhead System is designed to accommodate additional casing strings installed through a conventional marine riser and a subsea blowout preventer.
Mudline hanger systems are used in jack-up drilling operations to support the weight of the various casing strings at the ocean floor while drilling a well. They also provide a method to disconnect the casing strings in an orderly manner at the ocean floor after the well has been drilled, and subsequently reconnect to enable production of the well by either tying it back vertically to a subsequently installed platform or by installing a subsea tree.
Large diameter weld-on specialty connectors (threaded or stab type) are used in offshore wells drilled from floating drilling rigs, jack-ups, fixed platforms, TLPs and Spars. Specialty connectors join lengths of conductor or large diameter (16-inch or greater) casing. Specialty connectors provide a rapid connection than other methods of connecting lengths of pipe.
The company is a manufacturer of complicated dual-bore production trees, which are used in severe service applications. In addition, Dril-Quip manufactures a patented single bore (SingleBore) subsea completion system which features a hydraulic mec
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DRIL-QUIP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DRIL-QUIP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DRIL-QUIP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DRIL-QUIP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DRIL-QUIP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dril-Quip, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dril-Quip, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dril-Quip, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dril-Quip, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dril-Quip, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DRIL-QUIP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DRIL-QUIP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DRIL-QUIP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DRIL-QUIP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DRIL-QUIP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DRIL-QUIP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dril-Quip, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dril-Quip, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dril-Quip, Inc. Major Shareholders
Dril-Quip, Inc. History
Dril-Quip, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dril-Quip, Inc. Offices and Representations
Dril-Quip, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dril-Quip, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dril-Quip, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Dril-Quip, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Dril-Quip, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dril-Quip, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dril-Quip, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dril-Quip, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Dril-Quip, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Dril-Quip, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dril-Quip, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dril-Quip, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?