- The report contains detailed information about UniTek Global Services, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for UniTek Global Services, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The UniTek Global Services, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes UniTek Global Services, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of UniTek Global Services, Inc. business.
About UniTek Global Services, Inc.
UniTek Global Services, Inc. provides permanently outsourced infrastructure services, including engineering, construction management, and installation fulfillment services to companies in the telecommunications, broadband cable, wireless, and satellite industries.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated in two segments, Infrastructure Construction and Technical Services and Site Acquisition and Zoning.
Infrastructure Equipment Construction and Installation
The company constructs and installs the communications equipment that is necessary to make wireless networks work. Depending on customers needs, the company is involved in various aspects of site acquisition, construction and installation. Installation of towers could involve clearing sites, laying foundations, bringing in utility lines and installing shelters and towers. Installation of a rooftop site include installing shelters and antennae, bringing in power or installing power systems, and related construction and electrical work.
Radio Transmission Base Station Modification: The company performs cellular base station upgrades and modifications for wireless telecommunications carriers. This work involves upgrades to existing hardware, as well as adding new hardware, such as radios, duplexers, power systems, and site controllers. This work is essential for enhancing network capacity and paving the way to the deployment of new networks using new technologies, including third generation, or 3G, and fourth generation, or 4G, systems.
In-Building Network Design, Engineering and Construction: The company offers complete in-building solutions that involve distributed antennae for wireless coverage in malls, shopping centers, casinos, office buildings and airports.
Project Management: The company also supervises all of the efforts associated with a project, whether it involves one or more of the foregoing services or a turn-key solution, so the carrier can ultimately broadcast from the newly configured site. Project management includes vendor management, project planning and preparation, budget tracking, and engineering and construction coordination.
Specialty Communication Services: Specialty communication services provide enhancements to existing wireless and wired telephone and computer networks designed to improve productivity for a specified application. The company provides microwave systems where voice or video over land lines is not feasible. It also provides structured cabling services to provide voice, data and video over traditional copper and fiber networks.
Site Acquisition and Zoning
The company provides site acquisition services that involve acting as an intermediary between telecommunications companies and owners of real estate and other facilities. It identifies appropriate properties, negotiate the transactions and handle the administrative details. The company also assists in the planning and installation of the telecommunication facilities, and offer customers assistance in acquiring the necessary permits, entitlements and approvals that are required by various municipalities. It also prepares all zoning applications that may be needed, attend any necessary hearings and obtain any required land use permits to begin installation.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys customers were Clearwire US LLC, T-Mobile (and its subsidiaries), and Ericsson, Inc.
The company was founded in 2004. It was formerly known as Berliner Communications, Inc. and changed its name to UniTek Global Services, Inc. in June 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. UniTek Global Services, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of UniTek Global Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of UniTek Global Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. UniTek Global Services, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. UniTek Global Services, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Major Shareholders
UniTek Global Services, Inc. History
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Offices and Representations
UniTek Global Services, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
UniTek Global Services, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
UniTek Global Services, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
UniTek Global Services, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
UniTek Global Services, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
UniTek Global Services, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?