- The report contains detailed information about Pike Electric Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pike Electric Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pike Electric Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pike Electric Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pike Electric Corporation business.
About Pike Electric Corporation
Pike Electric Corporation provides energy solutions for investor-owned, municipal, and co-operative utilities in the United States. The companys services include siting, permitting, engineering, design, installation, maintenance, and repair of power delivery systems, including renewable energy projects.
Planning & Siting: The companys planning and siting process utilizes technology and the collection of environmental, cultural, land use and scientific data to facilitate right-of-way negotiations and permitting for powerlines, substations, pipelines, and renewable energy installations.
Engineering & Design: The company provides design, engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC), owner engineer, project management, multi-entity coordination, grid integration, balance-of-plant (BOP) and Thermal Rate solutions for individual or turnkey powerline, substation, and renewable energy projects.
Transmission and Distribution Construction: The company provides overhead and underground powerline construction, upgrade and extension services (predominately single-pole and H-frame wood, concrete or steel poles) for distribution networks and transmission lines with voltages of approximately 345 kV and energized maintenance work for voltages of approximately500kV. Overhead services consist of construction, repair and maintenance of wire and components in energized overhead electric distribution and transmission systems. Underground services range from residential installations, directional boring, duct bank and manhole installation, to the construction of complete underground distribution facilities.
Substation Construction: The company provides substation construction and service. Substation services include construction of new substations, existing substation upgrades, relay testing, commissioning, emergency outage response, and smart grid component installation.
Renewables: The company provides an energy solution platform, including preliminary studies, planning, siting and permitting, engineering and design, construction, procurement, and grid interconnection.
Storm Restoration Services: Storm restoration involves the repair or reconstruction of any part of a distribution or sub-500 kV transmission network, including substations, power lines, utility poles or other components, damaged during snow, ice or wind storms, flash floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, or other natural disasters.
The companys customer base includes approximately 200 electric companies. Its major customer is Duke Energy.
In June 2010, the company acquired Klondyke Construction LLC (Klondyke), which provides construction and maintenance services primarily associated with electric substation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure. Klondyke also constructs renewable energy generation facilities. Klondykes range of construction services related to substation, transmission and distribution infrastructure complements its west coast engineering capabilities and enables the continued expansion of engineering, procurement, and constructionservices.
Pike Electric Corporation was founded in 1945.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pike Electric Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pike Electric Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pike Electric Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pike Electric Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pike Electric Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PIKE ELECTRIC CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pike Electric Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pike Electric Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pike Electric Corporation Major Shareholders
Pike Electric Corporation History
Pike Electric Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pike Electric Corporation Offices and Representations
Pike Electric Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pike Electric Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pike Electric Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Pike Electric Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Pike Electric Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pike Electric Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pike Electric Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pike Electric Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Pike Electric Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Pike Electric Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pike Electric Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pike Electric Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?