- The report contains detailed information about Diamond Home Services that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Diamond Home Services. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Diamond Home Services financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Diamond Home Services competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Diamond Home Services business.
About Diamond Home Services
Diamond Home Services Inc (the Company) is a major marketer and contractor of installed home improvement products, including roofing systems, gutters, fencing and doors, and one of the country's major manufacturers and wholesale distributors of fencing and perimeter security products. The Company's subsidiary Diamond Exteriors, Inc® (Exteriors) markets and sells installed home improvement products and services primarily under the "Sears" name pursuant to a non-exclusive license agreement with Sears, Roebuck and Co. (Sears).
Exteriors markets and sells its products directly to residential customers in 44 states through a combination of national and local advertising and of in-home direct sales through its home consultants.
Through its finance subsidiary Marquise Financial Services, Inc. (Marquise), the Company provides financing to consumers of installed home improvement products and services. Marquise also buys pools of secured consumer receivables. The Company's subsidiary Reeves Southeastern Corporation (Reeves) manufactures and sells fencing and other perimeter security products nationwide to distributors and, through its subsidiary Foreline Security Corporation (Foreline), provides electronic security products and services.
Installed Home Improvements Segment
Products and Services
Roofing and Gutters: Exteriors sells, furnishes, and arranges the installation of most types of residential roofing systems, primarily asphalt (fiberglass and organic mat based), architectural laminates and premium 3-tab strip shingles manufactured by Owens Corning and by Globe Building Materials, Inc (Globe). In addition, Exteriors sells, furnishes, and arranges the installation of aluminum, copper, and steel gutter systems. Exteriors repairs roofs as a Sears authorized contractor and provides warranty service on Sears's behalf for exterior home products sold, furnished and installed by Sears prior to Sears's exit in December 1992 from the installed home improvement business. Exteriors also sells, furnishes, and arranges the installation of soffit/fascia and siding for dormers and gable ends and repairs chimneys in connection with its roofing installations.
Fencing: Exteriors sells, furnishes, and arranges the installation of a variety of residential fencing products. The primary product offering includes galvanized and full color (vinyl and powder coated) chain link, premium wood fence products and ornamental (PVC and aluminum) fences.
Garage Doors: Exteriors sells, furnishes, and arranges the installation of residential garage doors. The product offering provides the customer a selection of high quality insulated and uninsulated steel doors including window options. Exteriors also installs the Sears Craftsman brand garage door openers. In most markets, Exteriors offers garage door repairs.
Entry and Security Doors: Exteriors sells, furnishes, and arranges the installation of a variety of pre-finished energy-efficient fiberglass, steel, and wood entry doors. All doors are available in several styles and colors. Exteriors also sells patio doors, storm doors, and steel-framed security doors.
Additional Products: Secondary products which this segment sells and furnishes and for which it arranges installations include mobile home products, skylights, attic insulation, and gutter protection systems. Under certain circumstances this segment does insurance estimates.
Competition: Exteriors also competes against Home Depot, Inc. and Lowe's Companies, Inc (Lowe's).
Manufacturing And Wholesale Distribution Segment
The major products and services offered by Reeves and Foreline:
Fencing Systems: Reeves sells a full line of fencing products including galvanized and aluminized chain link, color coated chain link, gates, barbed wire, barbed tape, welded wire, guard rails, wood, PVC and steel and aluminum ornamental. These products are available in a wide variety of sizes and styles and are used for all types of applications including residential, commercial, industrial, military, prisons, airports and recreational facilities. In conjunction with the sale of these products, Reeves also offers technical support on selected products.
Access Control: Reeves sells a full line of access control products including automatic gate operators, telephone entry systems and card access systems. A team of specially trained personnel provides technical support for these products.
Installation Management: In late 1998, Reeves began offering a private label "furnished and installed" management service for fencing.
Electronic Security: Foreline is a full service retailer of security systems and related services. Products sold and serviced include specialized bank equipment (vaults, safe deposit boxes, teller stations, drive thrus), card access systems, closed circuit television surveillance systems and fire/burglar alarm systems. Foreline also offers monitoring of these systems via its own central monitoring station.
Miscellaneous: Reeves sells mechanical steel tubing and related accessories to manufacturers of portable canopies, carports, greenhouses and awning frames. Reeves also wholesales and retails steel entry doors on a limited basis.
Sales: Most of Reeves's sales are to regional dealers and contractor/installers.
Competition: Reeves also competes against two other national manufacturer/wholesale distributors include MasterHalco, Inc. and MMI Products, Inc. and major retailers like Home Depot and Lowe's which offer fencing materials to fence contractors.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Diamond Home Services Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Diamond Home Services and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Diamond Home Services and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Diamond Home Services Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Diamond Home Services Industry Position Analysis
6. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIAMOND HOME SERVICES VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Diamond Home Services Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Diamond Home Services Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Diamond Home Services Major Shareholders
Diamond Home Services History
Diamond Home Services Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Diamond Home Services Offices and Representations
Diamond Home Services SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Diamond Home Services Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Diamond Home Services Capital Market Snapshot
Diamond Home Services Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Diamond Home Services Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Diamond Home Services Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Diamond Home Services Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Diamond Home Services 1-year Stock Charts
Diamond Home Services 5-year Stock Charts
Diamond Home Services vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Diamond Home Services vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Diamond Home Services Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?