- The report contains detailed information about Apogee Enterprises, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Apogee Enterprises, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Apogee Enterprises, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Apogee Enterprises, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Apogee Enterprises, Inc. business.
About Apogee Enterprises, Inc.
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. provides technologies involving the design and development of value-added glass products, services, and systems.
The company operates in two segments, Architectural Products and Services and Large-Scale Optical Technologies.
Architectural Products and Services
The Architectural Products and Services segment designs, engineers, fabricates, installs, maintains, and renovates the walls of glass and windows comprising the outside skin and entrances of commercial and institutional buildings.
The company adds coatings to uncoated architectural glass to create colors. It also laminates layers of glass and vinyl to create glass that helps protect against hurricanes and bomb blasts. It designs, builds, and installs windows, curtainwall, storefront, and entrances using its coated glass and metal products or those supplied by others. It also provides finishing services for the metal and plastic components used to frame architectural glass windows and walls and other products.
Architectural Glass Fabrication: The company offers a selection of glass colors, silk-screening, and properties. High-performance glass is typically fabricated into custom insulating units and/or laminated products.
Aluminum Framing Systems: The company offers a list of design, engineering, procurement, and fabrication alternatives. Its window systems can be operable or non-operable. Its curtainwall systems may be unitized (shop fabricated) or field fabricated. Depending on the requirements, the company applies a selection of colored paint to aluminum window frames, curtainwall systems, and other components. The company also uses anodizing to create a weather-resistant film of aluminum oxide, often colored, on the surface of the aluminum. In some cases, the company also applies UV protection and durable paint to polyvinyl chloride parts, such as interior shutters.
Glass Installation: The company installs curtainwall, window, storefront, and entrance systems for non-monumental, new commercial, and institutional buildings, and for renovation projects. In-house engineering capabilities allow the company to meet the architects design requirement; duplicate the original design to maintain the historical appearance of a building; or create a new appearance for renovated buildings. Also, in the markets where it has a local presence, the company offers repair and replacement of damaged glass, including commercial glass replacements, repair of doors, and security glass.
Large-Scale Optical Technologies
The Large-Scale Optical Technologies segment manufactures value-added glass and acrylic products primarily for the custom picture framing market and commercial optics.
Value-Added Picture Framing Glass and Acrylic: The companys coatings reduce the reflectivity of picture framing glass and protect pictures and art from the suns damaging UV rays. Anti-reflective coatings on acrylic reduce glare and static charge on the surface.
Commercial Optics: The company's coatings also reduce the reflectivity and transmissivity of products used in commercial optics markets. Applications in these markets include privacy filters and may include marine and aircraft gauges and medical equipment.
The companys architectural glass products and services are primarily used in commercial buildings (office towers, hotels and retail centers) and institutional buildings (education facilities and dormitories, health care facilities, and government buildings), as well as high-end condominiums. It supplies architectural glass fabrication products primarily to the U.S. market, with international distribution of its architectural glass.
Customers and Marketing
The company's customers include architects, building owners, general contractors, and glazing subcontractors in the commercial construction market. Its Tru Vue brand is a domestically manufactured brand for value-added glass and acrylic for the custom picture framing market. Under this brand, products are distributed primarily in North America through independent distributors, which supply national and regional chains and local picture framing shops, as well as through mass merchandisers. The company also supplies products directly to museums and public and private galleries. It also has distribution in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand through independent distributors. The company sells its commercial optics products to original equipment manufacturers.
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1949.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Apogee Enterprises, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Apogee Enterprises, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Major Shareholders
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. History
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Offices and Representations
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?