- The report contains detailed information about AO Smith Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AO Smith Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AO Smith Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AO Smith Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AO Smith Corp. business.
About AO Smith Corp.
A. O. Smith Corporation engages in the manufacture and sale of water heating equipment and electric motors for the residential, commercial, and industrial end markets in the United States and internationally.
The company operates through two segments, Water Products and Electrical Products.
This segment manufactures and markets a line of residential gas and electric water heaters, standard and specialty commercial water heating equipment, copper-tube boilers, water treatment products and water systems tanks. The company serves residential, commercial and industrial end markets with a range of products.
Residential Gas and Electric Water Heaters: The company offers electric, natural gas, and liquid propane models, as well as solar booster tanks and gas tankless units for energy efficient homes.
Commercial (standard and specialty) Water Heaters: The companys gas, oil and electric water heaters come in capacities ranging from 6 gallons to 600 gallons and are used by customers who require a consistent, economical source of hot water. Typical applications include restaurants, hotels and motels, laundries, car washes and small businesses. Its Water Products business also manufactures copper-tube boilers and expansion tanks and related products and parts. The company manufactures and markets water heaters in North America.
The companys Water Products wholesale distribution channel includes approximately 1,100 independent wholesale plumbing distributors with approximately 4,400 selling locations serving residential, commercial and industrial markets. It also sells its residential water heaters through the retail channel. In this channel, its customers include national hardware and home center chains, including branding relationships with both Lowes Companies, Inc. and Sears, Roebuck and Co.
In 2009, the company purchased the water treatment business of Tianlong Holding Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong. The company holds 80 percent of the newly formed A. O. Smith (Shanghai) Water Treatment Products Co. Ltd.
Competition: The companys principal domestic water heating competitors include Rheem Manufacturing Company, Bradford-White Corporation and Lochinvar Corporation. Its primary competitor in China is Haier Appliances, a Chinese company.
Electrical Products business manufactures and markets a line of hermetic motors, fractional horsepower alternating (AC) and direct (DC) motors. The company manufactures electric motors in North America. It offers a line of hermetic motors, fractional horsepower AC and DC motors, and integral horsepower motors, ranging in size from sub-fractional C frame ventilation motors approximately 1,320 horsepower hermetic and 400 horsepower integral motors.
The companys motors are used in a range of targeted residential and commercial applications, including: hermetic motors that are sold worldwide to manufacturers of air conditioning and commercial refrigeration compressors; fractional horsepower fan motors used in furnaces, air conditioners and blowers; fractional horsepower motors for pumps for home water systems, swimming pools, hot tubs and spas; fractional horsepower motors used in other consumer products (such as garage door openers); and integral horsepower AC and DC motors for industrial and commercial applications.
Competition: The companys principal competitors in the electric motor industry are Emerson Electric Co., Regal Beloit Corporation, and Baldor Electric Company.
On June 16, 2010, AO Smith Corp. and Takagi Industrial Co. Ltd. announced that they are establishing a joint venture to market and manufacture tankless water heaters in North America.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AO SMITH CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AO SMITH CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AO SMITH CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AO SMITH CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AO SMITH CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AO Smith Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AO Smith Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AO Smith Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AO Smith Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AO Smith Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. AO SMITH CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AO SMITH CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AO SMITH CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AO SMITH CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AO SMITH CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AO SMITH CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AO Smith Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AO Smith Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AO Smith Corp. Major Shareholders
AO Smith Corp. History
AO Smith Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AO Smith Corp. Offices and Representations
AO Smith Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AO Smith Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AO Smith Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
AO Smith Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
AO Smith Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AO Smith Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AO Smith Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AO Smith Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
AO Smith Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
AO Smith Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AO Smith Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AO Smith Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?