- The report contains detailed information about OGE Energy Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for OGE Energy Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The OGE Energy Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes OGE Energy Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of OGE Energy Corp. business.
About OGE Energy Corp.
OGE Energy Corp. offers physical delivery and related services for both electricity and natural gas primarily in the south central United States
The companys segments include Electric Utility, Natural Gas Transportation and Storage, Natural Gas Gathering and Processing, and Natural Gas Marketing.
This segment generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. Its operations are conducted through Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company (OG&E). OG&E furnishes retail electric service in 269 communities and their contiguous rural and suburban areas. As of December 31, 2009, four other communities and two rural electric cooperatives in Oklahoma and western Arkansas purchased electricity from OG&E for resale. The service area covers approximately 30,000 square miles in Oklahoma and western Arkansas, including Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; and Fort Smith, Arkansas. Of the 269 communities that OG&E serves, 243 are located in Oklahoma and 26 in Arkansas.
Natural Gas Pipeline Operations - ENOGEX
Enogex LLC and its subsidiaries (Enogex) provide integrated natural gas midstream services. Enogex engages in the business of gathering, processing, transporting and storing natural gas. Majority of Enogexs natural gas gathering, processing, transportation and storage assets are located in the Arkoma and Anadarko basins of Oklahoma and the Texas Panhandle. Enogexs operations are organized into two business segments, natural gas transportation and storage and natural gas gathering and processing.
Transportation and Storage: Enogex LLC owns and operates approximately 2,181 miles of intrastate natural gas transportation pipelines. Enogex also owns and operates two underground storage facilities being operated at a working gas level of approximately 24 billion cubic feet (Bcf). Enogex provides fee-based firm and interruptible transportation services on both an intrastate basis and pursuant to Section 311 of the Natural Gas Policy Act (NGPA) on an interstate basis.
Enogex delivers natural gas to most interstate and intrastate pipelines and end-users connected to its systems from the Arkoma and Anadarko basins. As of December 31, 2009, Enogex was connected to 13 third-party natural gas pipelines and had 64 interconnect points. These interconnections include Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line, Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America, Oneok Gas Transmission, Northern Natural Gas Company, ANR Pipeline, Western Farmers Electric Cooperative, CenterPoint Energy Gas Transmission Co., El Paso Natural Gas Pipeline, Quest Pipelines (KPC), Ozark Gas Transmission, L.L.C., Gulf Crossings Pipeline Company LLC, and Midcontinent Express Pipeline, LLC (MEP). Further, Enogex is connected to 24 end-user customers, including 15 natural gas-fired electric generation facilities in Oklahoma.
Enogex owns and operates two underground natural gas storage facilities in Oklahoma, the Wetumka Storage Facility and the Stuart Storage Facility. These storage facilities are being operated at a working gas level of approximately 24 Bcf and have approximately 650 million cubic feet per day (MMcf/d) of maximum withdrawal capability and approximately 650 MMcf/d of injection capability. Enogex uses its storage assets to meet its contractual obligations under certain load following transportation and storage contracts, including its transportation agreement with OG&E. Enogex also periodically conducts an open season to solicit commitments for contracted storage capacity and deliverability to third parties.
Customers and Contracts: Enogexs major transportation customers are OG&E and Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO). Enogex provides gas transmission delivery services to all of PSOs natural gas-fired electric generation facilities in Oklahoma under a firm intrastate transportation contract.
Gathering and Processing: Enogex provides well connect, gathering, measurement, treating, dehydration, compression and processing services for various types of producing wells owned by various sized producers who are active in the areas in which Enogex operates. Most
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OGE ENERGY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OGE ENERGY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OGE ENERGY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OGE ENERGY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OGE ENERGY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. OGE Energy Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of OGE Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of OGE Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. OGE Energy Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. OGE Energy Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. OGE ENERGY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OGE ENERGY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OGE ENERGY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OGE ENERGY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OGE ENERGY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OGE ENERGY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
OGE Energy Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
OGE Energy Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
OGE Energy Corp. Major Shareholders
OGE Energy Corp. History
OGE Energy Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
OGE Energy Corp. Offices and Representations
OGE Energy Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
OGE Energy Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
OGE Energy Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
OGE Energy Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
OGE Energy Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
OGE Energy Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
OGE Energy Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
OGE Energy Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
OGE Energy Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
OGE Energy Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
OGE Energy Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
OGE Energy Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?