- The report contains detailed information about MAKO Surgical Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MAKO Surgical Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MAKO Surgical Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MAKO Surgical Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MAKO Surgical Corp. business.
About MAKO Surgical Corp.
MAKO Surgical Corp., a medical device company, provides robotic solution and orthopedic implants for orthopedic knee procedures.
The company offers MAKOplasty, a restorative surgical solution that enables orthopedic surgeons to reproducibly and precisely treat patient specific, early to mid-stage osteoarthritic knee disease. MAKOplasty is performed using its proprietary RIO Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic system (RIO) and proprietary RESTORIS unicompartmental and RESTORIS MCK multicompartmental knee implant systems.
The MAKO Robotic Arm System
The centerpiece of MAKOplasty is its proprietary robotic arm, interactive, orthopedic system that provides both pre-operative and intra-operative guidance to the orthopedic surgeon, enabling tissue sparing bone removal and knee implant insertion. The RIO system consists of two elements: a tactile robotic arm utilizing an integrated bone cutting instrument and a patient specific visualization component.
Tactile Robotic Arm System: The tactile robotic arm system consists of the key components, such as tactile robotic arm, controller, stereo tracking system camera and instruments, end effector, bone cutting instrument with disposable cutting tip, and portable base console.
Patient Specific Visualization System: The company's patient specific visualization system is a vital part of the ability to deliver surgical procedures for the knee. It consists of the key components, including surgical planning and execution software, tactile safety zone, instrument locator, monitors, and mobile base.
The RIO System
The RIO system, version 2.0 of the TGS, enables and expands application of MAKOplasty to multicompartmental resurfacing procedures, allowing orthopedic surgeons to treat degenerative osteoarthritis from early-stage, unicompartmental degeneration through mid-stage, multicompartmental degeneration with a modular knee implant system. In 2009, the company launched version 2.1 of its RIO system, which reflected further refinement of the RIO platform and knee application. It also launched version 2.2 of its RIO system, which enabled surgeons to treat lateral compartment knee arthritis.
The RESTORIS Family of Knee Implant Systems
The second component of MAKOplasty is the knee implant system that is designed for insertion and cementation. The company offers the RESTORIS unicompartmental knee implant system and the RESTORIS MCK multicompartmental knee implant system, for use with the RIO system. The RESTORIS family of knee implant systems allows an orthopedic surgeon to treat early through mid-stage degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee with a modular implant system.
The RESTORIS Unicompartmental Knee Implant System: The classic RESTORIS unicompartmental knee implant system is designed to be used in MAKOplasty procedures for preserving critical tissue and bone to achieve improved outcomes. This RESTORIS system comprises a rounded, anatomically shaped femoral component that attaches to the sculpted surface of the femur and either a flat tibial inlay polymer component that fits into a pocket that has been sculpted in the tibial bone or a tibial onlay insert and baseplate consisting of a flat polymer component that is backed by a metal support.
The RESTORIS MCK Multicompartmental Knee Implant System: The RESTORIS MCK multicompartmental knee implant system offers an implant geometry to support the tissue and bone sparing goals of MAKOplasty. The RESTORIS MCK system enables surgeons to treat patients suffering from osteoarthritis in any single compartment of the knee joint: the medial (inner), lateral (outer), or patellofemoral (sub-kneecap). The RESTORIS MCK system also enables bicompartmental treatment of the patellofemoral compartment in combination with the medial compartment. The product offering of the RESTORIS MCK multicompartmental knee implant system also features a patellofemoral component (under the kneecap), which is inset into the knee compartment between the medial and lateral (outer) compartments. Additionally, the surgeon has an array of patella buttons to affix to the back of the kneecap to replace the worn surface.
The RIO system utilizes disposable products, such as bone pins and the spheres on the arrays used in its tracking system, irrigation clips and tubes that cool the cutting instruments, drapes to cover the robotic arm and other items that require disposal after each use.
The companys principal competitors include Biomet, Inc.; DePuy Orthopedics, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company; Stryker Corporation; and Zimmer Holdings, Inc. It also identifies competition from Smith & Nephew, Inc.
MAKO Surgical Corp. was founded in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MAKO Surgical Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MAKO Surgical Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MAKO Surgical Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MAKO Surgical Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MAKO Surgical Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAKO SURGICAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MAKO Surgical Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MAKO Surgical Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MAKO Surgical Corp. Major Shareholders
MAKO Surgical Corp. History
MAKO Surgical Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MAKO Surgical Corp. Offices and Representations
MAKO Surgical Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MAKO Surgical Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MAKO Surgical Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
MAKO Surgical Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
MAKO Surgical Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MAKO Surgical Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MAKO Surgical Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MAKO Surgical Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
MAKO Surgical Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
MAKO Surgical Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MAKO Surgical Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MAKO Surgical Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?