- The report contains detailed information about Abengoa SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Abengoa SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Abengoa SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Abengoa SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Abengoa SA business.
About Abengoa SA
Abengoa, S.A. operates as an industrial and technological company in Seville. The principal activities of the company include provision of integral solutions to the sectors, such as energy, telecommunications, transport, water, environment, industry, and services. It operates through four business groups, which include bio energy, environmental services, information technologies (IT), and engineering and industrial construction.
Bio energy group involves in the production of ethyl alcohol from vegetable products (cereals, biomass). The resulting alcohol (bioethanol) is used to manufacture ETBE (a petrol additive) or is blended directly with petrol and gas oil. It also produces Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles, a protein complement for animals and carbon dioxide.
Environmental services group engages in aluminum waste recycling, salt slag recycling, zinc waste recycling, industrial waste management, hydrocarbon cleaning, and environmental engineering services. It engages in the engineering and construction for water treatment and waste management. Its environmental engineering activities are carried out by the companies Befesa Construction y Tecnologia Ambiental and Befesa Fluidos. Befesa Construction focuses on the design, construction and operation of hydraulic infrastructure related to the integral water cycle and the treatment and management of solid urban wastes.
The company provides IT solutions for specific industrial sectors, such as energy, environment, traffic and transport. Telvent executes projects and supplies technical services in the field of real time control and information management, which are complemented with the portfolio of outsourcing and consulting services, for managing IT and technological infrastructure for its international client base. Telvent operates in Spain, North America, Latin America and Asia.
Industrial Engineering and Construction
The company engages in engineering, construction and maintenance of electrical, mechanical and instrumentation infrastructures for the energy, industrial, transport and services sectors. It develops, constructs and operates industrial plants, conventional power plants (cogeneration and combined cycle) and renewable energy facilities (bioethanol, biomass, wind, solar, geothermal), as well as those based on hydrogen and fuel cells. It provides telecommunications networks and projects. The company merchandises products related to aforementioned activities, as well as manufacturing auxiliary elements for energy and telecommunications.
The company operates predominantly in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Morocco, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, Puerto, Rico, the United Kingdom, Latin America, Asia and Uruguay.
On September 1, 2009, Pemex Gas & Basic Petrochemicals has awarded the contract to build and operate its first cogeneration power plant. The plant would be built at the Nuevo Pemex gas processing complex in Tabasco state and have capacity of 300MW.
Abengoa, S.A. was founded in Seville in 1941.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ABENGOA SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ABENGOA SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ABENGOA SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ABENGOA SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ABENGOA SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Abengoa SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Abengoa SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Abengoa SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Abengoa SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Abengoa SA Industry Position Analysis
6. ABENGOA SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ABENGOA SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ABENGOA SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SPAIN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ABENGOA SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ABENGOA SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ABENGOA SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Abengoa SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Abengoa SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Abengoa SA Major Shareholders
Abengoa SA History
Abengoa SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Abengoa SA Offices and Representations
Abengoa SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Abengoa SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Abengoa SA Capital Market Snapshot
Abengoa SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Abengoa SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Abengoa SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Abengoa SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Abengoa SA 1-year Stock Charts
Abengoa SA 5-year Stock Charts
Abengoa SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Abengoa SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Abengoa SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?