- The report contains detailed information about TOR Minerals International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TOR Minerals International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TOR Minerals International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TOR Minerals International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TOR Minerals International Inc. business.
About TOR Minerals International Inc.
TOR Minerals International, Inc., a specialty chemical company, engages in the manufacture and marketing of mineral products for use as pigments, pigment extenders, and flame retardants used in the manufacture of paints, industrial coatings, plastics, catalysts, and solid surface applications.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in the business of pigment manufacturing and related products.
The companys principal product is HITOX (high-grade titanium dioxide), a light buff-colored titanium dioxide pigment, is made from synthetic rutile (SR). Titanium dioxide is the primary pigment in paints, coatings, plastics, paper, and other types of products. Titanium dioxide (TiO2) gives opacity and whiteness to end products. HITOX is a unique color pigment that is beige. HITOX pigments are used by major international paint and plastics manufacturers. Uses include architectural paints, primers, metal finishes and coatings, caulks and sealants, floor tiles and plastic profiles, sheets, and film.
The companys alumina trihydrate (ATH) products include ALUPREM, which is manufactured at its European operation, TP&T, in the Netherlands. ALUPREM, which stands for premium alumina. ALUPREM products are used for color critical applications as fillers and flame retardants, such as solid surface/onyx and performance driven uses, such as specialty wire and cable insulation, catalysts, high-tech polishing, pigments, and specialty papers.
BARTEX is produced from high grade barites (barium sulfate) utilizing a milling process. As an inert extender pigment, BARTEX, characterized as ultra fine with high brightness and narrow particle size distribution, gives weight and body to products ranging from powder coatings used in appliance and office furniture finishes to rubber products, such as carpet and curtain backings and plastics, including billiard balls and poker chips. BARTEX allows prime white pigments, such as white TiO2, to be supplemented or replaced to some degree. BARTEX is manufactured in different grades which are differentiated by average particle size and whiteness.
HALTEX / OPTILOAD
HALTEX, manufactured at its U.S. operation, is produced from Bayer grade aluminum hydroxide. It is a flame retardant, smoke suppressant filler used in plastic and rubber products. The HALTEX is suitable for a range of technical applications, including SMC/BMC thermoset molding compounds, thermoplastic profiles, electrical wire & cable insulation, mining conveyor belts, and specialty coatings, as well as adhesives and sealants.
TIOPREM is produced from a proprietary process based on modified SR feedstock made at the companys Malaysian plant. TIOPREM is a series of heat stable colored TiO2 hybrid pigments offering cost savings through the partial replacement of expensive color pigments and white TiO2 in plastics and specialty paints & coatings. End use applications include engineered plastics, laminates, window profiles, plastic lumber, roofing granules, and ceramic coatings.
SR, the basic building block for HITOX and TIOPREM, is manufactured at its Asian operation using the Benilite process for producing SR. Ilmenite, the raw material used in the manufacturing process, is first treated in a reduction kiln and then subjected to leaching in hydrochloric acid where soluble iron and other impurities are removed. SR is also used as feed stock for white TiO2 and as a component in welding rod flux.
The company sells its products globally and markets them in North, Central and South America, Asia, and Europe to customers located in approximately 60 countries.
The companys customers include companies in the paints, coatings, plastics, PVC pipe, and solid surface industries. Its major customer is BASF Corporation.
The companys competitors include E.I.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TOR Minerals International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TOR Minerals International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TOR Minerals International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TOR Minerals International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TOR Minerals International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TOR Minerals International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TOR Minerals International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TOR Minerals International Inc. Major Shareholders
TOR Minerals International Inc. History
TOR Minerals International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TOR Minerals International Inc. Offices and Representations
TOR Minerals International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TOR Minerals International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TOR Minerals International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
TOR Minerals International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
TOR Minerals International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TOR Minerals International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TOR Minerals International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TOR Minerals International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
TOR Minerals International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
TOR Minerals International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TOR Minerals International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TOR Minerals International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?