- The report contains detailed information about STR Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for STR Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The STR Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes STR Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of STR Holdings, Inc. business.
About STR Holdings, Inc.
STR Holdings, Inc. provides encapsulants to the solar module industry.
The company operates in two business segments, Solar and Quality Assurance (QA).
Solar segment designs, develops, and manufactures encapsulants that protect the embedded semiconductor circuits of solar panels for sale to solar module manufacturers.
QA segment provides product development, inspection, testing, and audit services that enable retailers and manufacturers to determine whether products meet applicable safety, regulatory, quality, performance, and social standards.
The company is a manufacturer of encapsulants that are specialty extruded sheets and film used in the production of solar modules. The companys encapsulants are used in both of the prevailing solar panel technologies, crystalline and thin-film.
The companys PhotoCap products consist primarily of EVA, which is modified with additives and put through its proprietary manufacturing process to increase product stability and make the encapsulant suitable for use in extreme, long-term outdoor applications. The inclusion of specific additives results in a limited shelf life before its encapsulants must be integrated into a solar module, making stocking impractical. Encapsulants are made-to-order to customer specifications for use in their solar module manufacturing process.
Solar Products: The company has 14 commercial encapsulant formulations. Its encapsulant formulations offer a range of properties and processing attributes, including various curing times and temperatures that align with the requirements of its customers' lamination processes and module constructions.
Solar Markets and Customers: The companys customers are solar module manufacturers located in the United States, Europe, and Asia. The companys customers include manufacturers of both crystalline silicon and thin-film modules and include solar module manufacturers.
Competition: The company competes with encapsulant manufacturers, including Bridgestone, Etimex, and Mitsui.
Quality Assurance Business
The companys Quality Assurance business operates in the consumer products quality assurance market. It offers services that help clients determine whether the products designed and manufactured by them or on their behalf meet applicable safety, regulatory, quality, performance and social standards.
The companys consumer products Quality Assurance business includes corporate social responsibility auditing, laboratory testing, inspections, and associated consultancy services. The primary markets for these services include clients in various industries, such as electronics, footwear and leather goods, hard goods, textiles, toys and toy premiums, over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements, food, household chemicals and health and beauty aids. The company also provides laboratory and non-laboratory technical services required to bring engineered plastic materials and products to the marketplace.
The companys Quality Assurance business has a network of 17 laboratories, 72 inspection and audit offices and 21 sales offices in 36 countries across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Indian sub-continent and Africa. The primary clients for consumer product quality assurance services are North American and European retailers that manage global supply chains of manufacturers, vendors and importers.
Competition: The companys competitors include Bureau Veritas Group, Intertek Group plc, and SGS SA.
STR Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1944.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STR HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STR HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STR HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STR HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STR HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. STR Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of STR Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of STR Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. STR Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. STR Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STR HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STR HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STR HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STR HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STR HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STR HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
STR Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
STR Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
STR Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
STR Holdings, Inc. History
STR Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
STR Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
STR Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
STR Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
STR Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
STR Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
STR Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
STR Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
STR Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
STR Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
STR Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
STR Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
STR Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
STR Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?