- The report contains detailed information about NL Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NL Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NL Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NL Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NL Industries Inc. business.
About NL Industries Inc.
NL Industries, Inc. operates as a holding company. The company operates in the component products industry through its majority-owned subsidiary, CompX International Inc. It operates in the chemicals industry through a non-controlling interest in Kronos Worldwide, Inc.
Component Products - CompX International Inc.
The company, through its majority-owned subsidiary, CompX, manufactures components that are sold to various industries including office furniture, recreational transportation (including performance boats), mailboxes, tool boxes, appliances, banking equipment, vending equipment, computers and related equipment.
Manufacturing, Operations and Products: CompXs Security Products business, with a manufacturing facility in South Carolina and a facility in Illinois shared with the Marine Components business, manufactures locking mechanisms and other security products for sale to the postal, transportation, office furniture, banking, vending, and other industries. CompXs security products are used in various applications including ignition systems, mailboxes, vending and gaming machines, parking meters, electrical circuit panels, storage compartments, office furniture and medical cabinet security.
These products include disc tumbler locks which provide security; pin tumbler locking mechanisms which are used in applications requiring higher levels of security, including CompXs KeSet high security system, which allows the user to change the keying on a single lock 64 times without removing the lock from its enclosure; and eLock electronic locks which provide stand-alone security and audit trial capability for drug storage and other valuables through the use of a proximity card, magnetic stripe, or keypad credentials.
CompX also has a standardized product line suitable for customers which is offered through a North American distribution network to lock distributors and to smaller original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) via its STOCK LOCKS distribution program.
CompXs Furniture Components business, with facilities in Canada, Michigan and Taiwan, manufactures a line of precision ball bearing slides and ergonomic computer support systems for use in applications such as computer-related equipment, appliances, tool storage cabinets, imaging equipment, file cabinets, desk drawers, automated teller machines and other applications. These products include: the Integrated Slide Lock which allows a file cabinet manufacturer to reduce the possibility of multiple drawers being opened at the same time; the adjustable Ball Lock which reduces the risk of heavily-filled drawers, such as auto mechanic tool boxes, from opening while in movement; the Self-Closing Slide, which is designed to assist in closing a drawer and is used in applications such as bottom-mount freezers; articulating computer keyboard support arms (designed to attach to desks in the workplace and home office environments to alleviate possible user strains and stress and maximize usable workspace), along with the patented LeverLock keyboard arm, which is designed to make ergonomic adjustments to the keyboard arm; CPU storage devices which minimize adverse effects of dust and moisture; and complementary accessories, such as ergonomic wrist rest aids, mouse pad supports and flat screen computer monitor support arms.
CompXs Marine Components business, with a facility in Wisconsin and a facility in Illinois shared with the Security Products business, manufactures and distributes marine instruments, hardware and accessories for performance boats. CompXs specialty marine component products are components designed to operate with in precise tolerances in the corrosive marine environment. These products include: original equipment and aftermarket stainless steel exhaust headers, exhaust pipes, mufflers and other exhaust components; and gauges such as GPS speedometers and tachometers; controls, throttles, steering wheels and other billet accessories; and dash panels, LED lighting, rigging and other accessories.
International Operations - CompX has operations and assets located outside the United States, principally Furniture Component operations in Cana
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NL INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NL INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NL INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NL INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NL INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NL Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NL Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NL Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NL Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NL Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NL INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NL INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NL INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NL INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NL INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NL INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NL Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NL Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NL Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
NL Industries Inc. History
NL Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NL Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
NL Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NL Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NL Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NL Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
NL Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NL Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NL Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NL Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NL Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NL Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NL Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NL Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?