- The report contains detailed information about Cytec Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cytec Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cytec Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cytec Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cytec Industries Inc. business.
About Cytec Industries Inc.
Cytec Industries Inc. operates as a global specialty chemicals and materials company that engages in developing, manufacturing and selling value-added products. The companys products serve a range of markets, including aerospace, adhesives, automotive and industrial coatings, construction, chemical intermediates, inks, mining, and plastics.
The company has five business segments: Coating Resins, Additive Technologies, In Process Separation, Engineered Materials, and Building Block Chemicals.
Coating Resins, Additive Technologies, and In Process Separation are managed under Cytec Specialty Chemicals. The Coating Resins segment comprises the Surface Specialties business acquired from UCB, and includes the following product lines: radiation-cured resins (Radcure resins), powder coating resins, and liquid coating resins.
Included in the liquid coating resins product line are waterborne resins, amino cross-linkers, solventborne resins, and urethane resins. Additive Technologies includes polymer additives, specialty additives, and polyurethanes. As of May 19, 2009, all polyurethanes assets have been divested. In Process Separation includes mining chemicals and phosphines. Engineered Materials principally includes advanced composites, carbon fiber, structural film and pressure sensitive adhesives, and formulated resins. Building Block Chemicals principally includes acrylonitrile, hydrocyanic acid, sulfuric acid, and melamine.
RADCURE RESINS: The company produces radiation-cured resins for coatings and graphics applications. These resins are cured (dried and hardened) by exposing them to ultraviolet or electron-beam radiation, rather than heat.
POWDER COATING RESINS: The company's polyester powder resin technologies account for a significant portion of the industrial finishing market. The company offers innovations, such as powder resins for durable clear coats, weather-resistant finishes, and ultraviolet-curing powder coating resins systems for heat-sensitive substrates, such as plastic and wood.
LIQUID COATING RESINS: The company manufactures a range of waterborne and solventborne resins. The company engages in resins for high-solids and waterborne coating systems. Its portfolio includes products based on seven chemistries: acrylics, amino cross-linkers, epoxy systems, alkyds and polyesters, urethanes, phenolics, and unsaturated polyesters. The company also markets a range of additives to assist customers in formulating coatings for protective and decorative applications.
POLYMER ADDITIVES: The company supplies specialty additives which protect plastics from the ultraviolet radiation of sunlight and from oxidation to the plastics industry.
SPECIALTY ADDITIVES: The company supplies sulfosuccinate surfactants, Docusate sodium, acrylamide-based specialty monomers, and PTZ phenothiazine. Sulfosuccinate surfactants and acrylamide-based specialty monomers products are used in emulsion polymers, paints, paper coatings, printing inks, and other customer applications. Docusate is a pharmaceutical grade product used as both an active ingredient and excipient/ formulating aid. PTZ phenothiazine is primarily used as an acrylic acid, acrylic ester, and methacrylate monomer stabilizer.
IN PROCESS SEPARATION
MINING CHEMICALS: The company's mining chemicals product line is primarily used in applications to separate desired minerals from host ores. The company also sells phosphine specialty reagents used in cobalt, nickel solvent extraction separation and complex sulfide flotation applications.
PHOSPHINES: The company's phosphine specialties are utilized for various applications. The company supplies phosphine gas, used in semiconductor manufacturing and light emitting diode applications, and has significant positions in various phosphine derivative products including phosphonium salts used in pharmaceutical catalysts and biocides. Included in the phosphine line are organo phosphorus compounds. The compounds are used primarily as intermediates and catalyst ligands for organic and chemical synthesis in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cytec Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cytec Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cytec Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cytec Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cytec Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cytec Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cytec Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cytec Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Cytec Industries Inc. History
Cytec Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cytec Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Cytec Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cytec Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cytec Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cytec Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Cytec Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cytec Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cytec Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cytec Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cytec Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cytec Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cytec Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cytec Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?