- The report contains detailed information about NewMarket Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NewMarket Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NewMarket Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NewMarket Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NewMarket Corp. business.
About NewMarket Corp.
NewMarket Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, blending, marketing, and sale of formulated fuel and lubricant additive packages worldwide.
The companys business comprises two primary segments, Petroleum Additives and Real Estate Development.
The Petroleum Additives segment manufactures chemical components that are selected to perform one or more specific functions and blend those chemicals with other components to form additive packages for use in specified end-user applications. The petroleum additives market is an international marketplace, with customers ranging from oil companies and refineries to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and other specialty chemical companies. The petroleum additives segment includes common customers, is served by the same plants, shares common components or building blocks, and is supported with a common sales, as well as research and development, workforce.
The company serves the petroleum additives market with six brands. HiTEC petroleum additives are formulated to provide its customers with a measurable and sustainable marketing. The GREENBURN product line provides formulated products to provide immediate, sustained, and economical performance features and emission reductions across the entire spectrum of fuels. The TecGARD brand is specially formulated to meet the operating demands of the global metalworking industry. The company's BioTEC additives are designed specifically for the biofuels marketplace and the Axcel brand of products is a family of gear oil additives. The mmt brand of additives provides refiners with improved gasoline production efficiency.
Lubricant Additives: Lubricant additives are essential ingredients for lubricating oils. Lubricant additives are used in various vehicle and industrial applications, including engine oils, automatic transmission fluids, gear oils, hydraulic oils, turbine oils, and in various other application where metal-to-metal moving parts are utilized. Lubricant additives are organic and synthetic chemical components that improve wear protection, prevent deposits, and protect against the hostile operating environment of an engine, transmission, axle, hydraulic pump, or industrial machine.
The company offers a line of lubricant additive products, each of which is composed of component chemicals specially selected to perform desired functions. The company manufactures majority of the chemical components and blends these components to create formulated additives packages designed to meet industry and customer specifications. The company supplies specially formulated lubricant additives that combine some or all of the components to develop its products. Its products are formulated, complex chemical compositions derived from extensive research and testing to ensure additive components work together to provide the intended results.
Engine Oil Additives: The engine oils markets ultimate customers include consumers, service dealers, and OEMs. The primary functions of engine oil additives are to reduce friction, prevent wear, control formation of sludge and oxidation, and prevent rust. Engine oil additives are typically sold to lubricant manufacturers who combine them with a base oil fluid to meet internal, industry, and OEM specifications.
Driveline Additives: The driveline additives submarket comprises additives designed for products, such as transmission fluids (TF), gear oils, and tractor fluids. TF primarily serve as the power transmission and heat transfer medium in the area of the transmission where the torque of the drive shaft is transferred to the gears of the vehicle. Gear additives lubricate gears, bearings, clutches, and bands in the gear-box and are used in vehicles, off-highway, hydraulic, and marine equipment. Other products in this area include hydraulic transmission fluids, universal tractor fluids, power steering fluids, shock absorber fluids, gear oils, lubricants for heavy machinery, and vehicle greases. These additives are generally sold to oil companies and often ultimately sold to vehicle OEMs for new vehicles (factory-fill).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEWMARKET CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEWMARKET CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEWMARKET CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEWMARKET CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEWMARKET CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NewMarket Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NewMarket Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NewMarket Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NewMarket Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NewMarket Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEWMARKET CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEWMARKET CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEWMARKET CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEWMARKET CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEWMARKET CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEWMARKET CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NewMarket Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NewMarket Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NewMarket Corp. Major Shareholders
NewMarket Corp. History
NewMarket Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NewMarket Corp. Offices and Representations
NewMarket Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NewMarket Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NewMarket Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
NewMarket Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
NewMarket Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NewMarket Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NewMarket Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NewMarket Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
NewMarket Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
NewMarket Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NewMarket Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NewMarket Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?