Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COVID-19 impact is taken into consideration during the analysisCompass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Fundamental Company Report provides a complete overview of the company’s affairs. All available data is presented in a comprehensive and easily accessed format. The report includes financial and SWOT information, industry analysis, opinions, estimates, plus annual and quarterly forecasts made by stock market experts. The report also enables direct comparison to be made between Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. and its competitors. This provides our Clients with a clear understanding of Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. position in the Industry.
- The report contains detailed information about Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. business.
About Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc.
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. (formerly AB Plastics Holding Corporation) and Subsidiaries (the Company) manufacture plastic parts to customer specifications using custom-made injection molds. The Company is a contract manufacturer and assembler of custom injection-molded plastic components in the western United States. The Company manufactures the plastic enclosures for computer monitors, televisions, electronic music keyboards and other consumer products. In addition to injection-molded components, the Company offers a broad range of "value-added" services, including painting, decorating and assembly. A significant percentage of the Company's components are manufactured using gas-assist molding technology which reduces material usage and permits the molding of lighter and stronger parts.
The Company's two major original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers are Sony Corporation (Sony), through its computer monitor and television manufacturing divisions, and Matsushita Electronic Corporation of America (Matsushita), through its Panasonic and Quasar brands.
Products and Services
The Company manufactures and assembles custom injection-molded plastic components. These components consist primarily of the entire plastic exteriors of computer monitors, televisions and electronic music keyboards. The Company also provides a broad range of value-added services, including painting, decorating and assembly of mechanical and electrical components. The Company's three primary lines of components are as follows:
Computer Monitor Components: The Company focuses on the production of computer monitor components, which require the molding and assembly of multiple parts. Computer monitor components manufactured by the Company include the front (or bezel) assembly, the rear cover and the base stand. The bezel assembly consists of the bezel frame, door latch, light pipe, logo badge and pad printing. The Company manufactures computer monitor components for Sony and Samsung Group.
Television Components: Television components include the bezel and the rear cover. For projection televisions, the Company also manufactures the exterior frame housing the projection screen. All bezels are pad printed to include the logo and the operating instructions.
Electronic Music Keyboards and Other Consumer Products: The Company manufacturers a variety of consumer electronics components, such as the top and bottom covers for electronic music keyboards and cases for various consumer products (such as electric tools). As part of this process, electronic music keyboards are manufactured for Casio using a specialized thermal transfer process, which automatically prints the whole surface display of logos and instructions in a single step.
Value-Added Services: In addition to injection-molded plastic components, the Company offers a broad range of "value-added" services including painting, decorating and assembly. These services include solvent and waterborne painting, electromagnetic and radio frequency interference shielding, hot stamping, pad printing, silkscreening, solvent bonding, impulse welding, ultrasonic welding and insertion, and heat staking.
The Company provides design and engineering assistance in the early stages of product development, thus assuring that tooling, process and assembly considerations result in reproducible, high-quality and cost effective products.
The Company's principal customers are Sony, Matsushita, Casio and Hitachi, for which it supplies components for computer monitors, televisions and other consumer electronics equipment. The Company has focused its marketing efforts on maintaining long-term relationships with its existing OEM customers while pursuing new customers in the computer and consumer electronics industries. New customers recently added include Sanyo for televisions and Samsung Group for computer monitors.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPASS PLASTICS & TECHNOLOGIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Key Executives
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Major Shareholders
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. History
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Offices and Representations
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?