Amkor Technology, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Amkor Technology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Amkor Technology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Amkor Technology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Amkor Technology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Amkor Technology, Inc. business.
About Amkor Technology, Inc.
Amkor Technology, Inc. operates as a subcontractor of semiconductor packaging and test services in the United States and internationally. The company provides turnkey packaging and test solutions, including semiconductor wafer bump, wafer probe, wafer backgrind, package design, assembly, test, and drop shipment services.
Packaging and Test Services
The company offers a range of package formats and services designed to provide its customers with an array of packaging solutions. Its package services are divided into families: chip scale package, ball grid array, leadframe, and other packaging services.
Chip Scale Packages
The company has designed various chip scale packages where the package size is not much larger than the chip itself. The chip scale packages are used in various end applications in the consumer electronics market that have very small form factors, such as smart phones, MP3 players, and mobile Internet devices. Its chip scale packages include ChipArray, wafer level chip scale package, and flip chip chip scale package. In wafer level chip scale packaging, the semiconductor device becomes the package as the interconnect is constructed using various wafer bumping technologies. The bumped wafer is subsequently singulated (or diced) creating individually bumped semiconductor devices, which are then put into tape and reel for future printed circuit board assembly. Its 3D packages consist of:
Stacked chip scale package (SCSP), which contains two or more chips placed on top of each other. SCSP structures can include approximately eight or more stacked semiconductor devices, which are ideal for solid state memory applications supporting mobile phones, MP3 players and other data storage consumer electronic systems.
Package-on-package, which is a thin chip scale package that can be stacked on top of each other, enabling the integration of logic and memory in a single footprint, supporting smart phones, digital camera, or other handheld applications.
The companys chip scale package family also includes system-in-package modules. System-in-package modules integrate various system elements into a single-function block. Its system-in-package technology is being used in various devices, including power amplifiers for mobile phones and other portable communication devices; wireless local area network modules for networking applications; and sensors, such as fingerprint recognition devices, and micro-electromechanical system based microphones.
Ball Grid Array Packages
The ball grid array format facilitates various interconnections required by advanced semiconductor devices. The company's ball grid array package families are:
Flip chip BGA (fcBGA) incorporates a face down chip onto a substrate using a ball grid array format and is increasingly being used in advanced silicon nodes enabling its customers to implement new applications and smaller devices. The fcBGA package is used for networking and storage, gaming, and computer applications; and Plastic ball grid array (PBGA) packages use wire bond technology in applications requiring higher electrical interconnect counts or higher thermal performance. PBGA packages are typically used in an application residing between smaller body chip scale packages, such as handheld mobile applications, and the very high pin-count or large body size fcBGA packages are typically used in networking and gaming applications. Common PBGA applications include laptop computers, video cameras, gaming systems, and digital televisions.
Leadframe-based packages are typically characterized by a chip encapsulated in a plastic mold compound with copper metal leads on the perimeter. Two of the companys primary traditional leadframe package types are small outline integrated circuit and quad flat package, commonly known as dual or quad products, respectively, based upon the number of sides from which the leads extend. The company offers a range of lead counts and body sizes to satisfy variations in the size of customers semiconductor devices.
Through a process of continuous engineering and customization, the company has d
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Amkor Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Amkor Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Amkor Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Amkor Technology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductor Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Amkor Technology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMKOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Amkor Technology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Amkor Technology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Amkor Technology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Amkor Technology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Amkor Technology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Amkor Technology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Amkor Technology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Amkor Technology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Amkor Technology, Inc. Major Shareholders
Amkor Technology, Inc. History
Amkor Technology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Amkor Technology, Inc. Offices and Representations
Amkor Technology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Amkor Technology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Amkor Technology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Amkor Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductor Industry Statistics
Amkor Technology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Amkor Technology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?