- The report contains detailed information about Wausau Paper Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wausau Paper Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wausau Paper Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wausau Paper Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wausau Paper Corp. business.
About Wausau Paper Corp.
Wausau Paper Corp. engages in the manufacture, conversion, and sale of paper and paper products. The company operates within three operating segments, including Specialty Products, Printing & Writing, and Towel & Tissue.
Specialty Products produces various technical specialty papers at two facilities located in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, and Mosinee, Wisconsin. It produces unsaturated masking tape base paper used in the production of masking tape. Other products include a range of food and industrial papers used in various applications, including grease-resistant protective barrier paper for food packaging; interleaver paper used in steel processing and to protect polished steel after production; siliconized release papers used in pressure sensitive tapes, labels and composites; and coating and laminating base papers used in composite can construction.
Specialty Products papers are sold to manufacturers and converters, primarily in the United States, that serve a host of industries, including consumer products, food service, product identification, and manufacturing. Under the Wausau Paper trademark, products are marketed under various brands, including EcoSelect, ExperTec, DuraTec, InvenTec, ProGard, ProRedi, ProPly, and ProTec.
Competition: Competition for Specialty Products comes from a range of paper producing companies of which its principal competitors include UPM, Packaging Dynamics Corporation, Ahlstrom Corporation, Boise Cascade, LLC, and Neenah Paper, Inc.
Printing & Writing
Printing & Writing manufactures and converts fine printing and writing paper products. It produces and converts a line of premium uncoated printing, writing, imaging, text, cover, and board grades, in various weights, colors, sizes, and finishes. Under the Wausau Paper trademark, products are marketed under various brands, including Astrobrights, Royal, Exact, Professional Series, Intrigue, and Creative Collection. These papers are used for printed and photocopied documents such as flyers, annual reports, brochures, announcements, greeting cards, and luxury packaging. Majority of Printing & Writings products are sold in sheet form to paper distributors, who sell to commercial printers, in-plant print shops, quick printers, and copy centers and to office supply and mass merchandisers through retail channels. Products are also sold in roll form to converters that serve, as an example, the greeting card, envelope, and announcement industry.
Competition: Competition in printing and writing grades comes from major integrated paper companies, as well as smaller, non-integrated manufacturers, of which its principal competitors include International Paper Company, Domtar, Inc., Neenah Paper, Inc., Mohawk Fine Papers, Inc., Boise Cascade, LLC, and Finch Paper.
Towel & Tissue
Towel & Tissue produces a line of paper towel and tissue products, which are marketed along with soap and dispensing system products for the industrial and commercial away-from-home market.
Under the Wausau Paper trademark, Bay West towel and tissue products, made primarily from recycled material, are marketed under various brands, including DublSoft, EcoSoft, OptiCore, Revolution, Dubl-Nature, and Dubl-Tough. These products include washroom roll and folded towels, tissue products, various towel, tissue, and soap dispensers, windshield folded towels, industrial wipers, dairy towels, household roll towels, and other premium towel and tissue products. Products are sold to paper and sanitary supply distributors in North America that serve factories and other commercial and industrial locations, health service facilities, office buildings, restaurants, theme parks, airports, and hotels.
Competition: The companys major competitors include Georgia-Pacific LLC, Kimberly Clark Corporation, and SCA Hygiene Products.
Wausau Paper Corp. was founded in 1899.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wausau Paper Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wausau Paper Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wausau Paper Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wausau Paper Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wausau Paper Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WAUSAU PAPER CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wausau Paper Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wausau Paper Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wausau Paper Corp. Major Shareholders
Wausau Paper Corp. History
Wausau Paper Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Wausau Paper Corp. Offices and Representations
Wausau Paper Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wausau Paper Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wausau Paper Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Wausau Paper Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Wausau Paper Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wausau Paper Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Wausau Paper Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wausau Paper Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Wausau Paper Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Wausau Paper Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wausau Paper Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wausau Paper Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?