- The report contains detailed information about UPM-Kymmene Oyj. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for UPM-Kymmene Oyj.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The UPM-Kymmene Oyj. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes UPM-Kymmene Oyj. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of UPM-Kymmene Oyj. business.
About UPM-Kymmene Oyj.
UPM-Kymmene Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in energy and pulp, paper, and engineered materials businesses.
Energy and Pulp
The Energy and Pulp group generates and distributes electricity; offers chemical pulp products, including softwood pulp and hardwood pulp; and owns and operates forests, as well as provides sawn timber products and components for building and other industries.
The Energy business area manages and develops the company's power generation assets that are not integrated into pulp and paper mills, generating and procuring electricity for the group and for market sales. It is also responsible for the company's electricity distribution and natural gas procurement.
The Pulp business area is a chemical pulp producer operating in Finland and through its associated company Oy Metsä-Botnia Ab. The products range from northern softwood pulp and northern hardwood pulp to eucalyptus pulp made from plantation wood in the southern hemisphere. The company owns 47% of its associated company Oy Metsä-Botnia AB.
The company's Forest and timber operations is responsible for forest biomass sourcing for its mills and biomass-fired power plants worldwide. The business area includes the companys own forests, wood procurement operations, the service offering for private forest owners and sawmills. It owns approximately one million hectares of forests, supplying on average 10% of its annual wood consumption. The company manages approximately 1.7 million hectares of forest in Finland, the United Kingdom, Russia and the United States, including private forests.
The Paper group produces magazine papers and newsprint papers, which are used in magazines, newspapers, news paper supplements, printed advertising materials, and catalogues; fine paper used in direct advertising products, magazines, and copier and non-impact printing; and specialty papers, including face and release papers for label materials and various packaging papers.
The Engineered Materials group provides self-adhesive label materials for product and information labeling; uncoated and coated plywood for various industries, including building, construction, and transportation; and veneer for furniture and parquet end uses. It also offers tags and inlays based on radio frequency identification technology for supply chain, pharmaceuticals, apparel, industrial and brand protection, transportation, and ticketing; and wood plastic composite materials for out door use.
The Label business, consisted of UPM Raflatac, manufactures self-adhesive label materials for product and information labelling. Typical customers are small and medium-sized label printers doing roll-toroll label printing using UV-flexo and letterpress printing methods.
The company offers a range of uncoated and coated plywood for various industry specific solutions which require both quality plywood and specially treated surfaces. It also manufactures veneer furniture and parquet end uses. The company sells its plywood and veneer products under the name WISA. The company has nine plywood mills, seven in Finland, one in Russia and one in Estonia. The business area also includes three veneer mills, two in Finland and one in Russia.
RFID: The company manufactures various RFID tags and inlays designed for specific market segments. It manufactures passive HF and UHF tags and inlays designed for high volume applications like supply chain, pharmaceuticals, apparel, industrial and brand protection, transportation and ticketing.
Wood plastic composite UPM ProFi: UPM ProFi develops, manufactures, markets and sells high quality wood plastic composite products made mainly from the surplus paper and plastic left over from the production of self-adhesive label materials. UPM ProFi is a start-up business.
Biofuels: The company engages in the production of second generation biodiesel and production of renewable biofuels.
The company sells its products to paper merchants, printers, publishers, and converters primarily in Germany, the United Kingdom, Finland, France, and the other European countries, as well as in the United States, Canada, and Asia.
On June 8, 2009, Metso Corp. and UPM-Kymmene Corp. have developed a new concept for the production of biomass-based bio-oil to replace fossil fuels in heating and power generation. Test production will begin at Metso's test plant in Tampere, Finland, in June 2009. Bio-oil can be manufactured by UPM's renewable energy power plants which are equipped with a boiler and functional raw material management.
UPM-Kymmene Corporation was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of UPM-Kymmene Oyj. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of UPM-Kymmene Oyj. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Industry Position Analysis
6. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FINLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UPM-KYMMENE OYJ. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Major Shareholders
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. History
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Offices and Representations
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Capital Market Snapshot
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. 1-year Stock Charts
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. 5-year Stock Charts
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
UPM-Kymmene Oyj. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?