- The report contains detailed information about Stora Enso Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Stora Enso Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Stora Enso Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Stora Enso Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Stora Enso Corp. business.
About Stora Enso Corp.
Stora Enso Corporation operates as an integrated paper, packaging, and forest products company. The company produces newsprint and book paper, magazine paper, fine paper, consumer board, industrial packaging and wood products.
Newsprint and Book Paper: Stora Enso Newsprint and Book Paper produces newsprint, improved newsprint, directory, and book paper for publishers and printing houses. Its newsprint products include a range of standard newsprint and improved newsprint grades, including tinted paper for sports and business sections and supplements. The book and directory paper range includes paper for hardback and paperback books, telephone directories and timetables.
Magazine Paper: Stora Enso Magazine Paper offers a range of paper for magazines and advertising applications. Publishers, printing houses and retailers use the companys uncoated magazine paper for periodicals and advertising materials such as inserts and flyers, as well as mass-circulation TV magazines and catalogues. Specialist and general interest magazines are significant customers of the companys oated matt, silk and glossy magazine paper, which its customers also use for items such as supplements, home shopping catalogues and magazine covers.
Fine Paper: Stora Enso Fine Paper produces graphic and office paper for printers and publishers, merchants, envelope converters, office equipment manufacturers and office suppliers. The companys fine paper mills are located in Finland, Sweden, Germany and China. Its graphic paper grades are mainly multicoated fine papers for art books, annual reports, luxury magazines and brochures. Its office paper grades are uncoated fine papers for office and digital printing, envelopes, notebooks and pads and business forms.
Consumer Board: Stora Enso Consumer Board is a consumer board company, making packaging materials for a range of products. The company produces liquid packaging board, food service board, graphical board and carton board for use in packaging food, beverages, cigarettes, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and luxury goods.
Industrial Packaging: Stora Enso Industrial Packaging produces corrugated packaging, containerboard, cores and coreboard, laminating paper, paper sacks, and sack and kraft paper. It operates in all stages of the value chain, from recycling and pulp production to packaging production.
Wood Products: The company provides product and service solutions to wood product industries and trade customers worldwide. It focuses on the construction, joinery and packaging industries and provide engineered fit-to-use products for manufacturing processes. The company also supplies a range of sawn and processed wood products to timber retailers, merchants and importer-distributors, and provides raw materials to the pulp and panel industries and the energy sector.
The companys customers include publishers, printing houses and paper merchants, as well as the packaging, joinery and construction industries.
On February 18, 2010, Metso Corp., Stora Enso Corp. and Domtar Corporation have established a project to develop a pulp mill biorefinery based on new pulping technology.
Stora Enso Corporation was founded in 1862.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STORA ENSO CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STORA ENSO CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STORA ENSO CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STORA ENSO CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STORA ENSO CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Stora Enso Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Stora Enso Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Stora Enso Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Stora Enso Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Stora Enso Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. STORA ENSO CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STORA ENSO CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STORA ENSO CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FINLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STORA ENSO CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STORA ENSO CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STORA ENSO CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Stora Enso Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Stora Enso Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Stora Enso Corp. Major Shareholders
Stora Enso Corp. History
Stora Enso Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Stora Enso Corp. Offices and Representations
Stora Enso Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Stora Enso Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Stora Enso Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Stora Enso Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
Stora Enso Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Stora Enso Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Stora Enso Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Stora Enso Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Stora Enso Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Stora Enso Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Stora Enso Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Stora Enso Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?