- The report contains detailed information about International Paper Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for International Paper Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The International Paper Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes International Paper Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of International Paper Co. business.
About International Paper Co.
International Paper Company operates as a paper and packaging company. The company has primary markets and manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa.
In the United States, as of December 31, 2009, the company operated 21 pulp, paper and packaging mills, 146 converting and packaging plants, 19 recycling plants and 3 bag facilities. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned or managed approximately 200,000 acres of forestlands in the United States, approximately 250,000 acres in Brazil and had, through licenses and forest management agreements, harvesting rights on government-owned forestlands in Russia.
The company distributes printing, packaging, graphic arts, maintenance and industrial products principally through approximately 226 distribution branches in the United States and 38 distribution branches located in Canada, Mexico, and Asia.
The companys segments include Industrial Packaging; Printing Papers; Consumer Packaging; Distribution; and Forest Products. The company has a 50% equity interest in Ilim Holding S.A.
This segment offers linerboard, medium, whitetop, recycled linerboard, recycled medium, and saturating kraft. In Europe, the companys operations include one recycled containerboard mill in Morocco and 21 container plants in France, Italy, Spain, and Morocco. In Asia, its operations include 11 container plants in China and one container plant in Thailand.
This segment offers uncoated papers and market pulp. It also produces coated papers and uncoated bristols.
UNCOATED PAPERS: This business produces papers for use in copiers, desktop and laser printers and digital imaging. End-use applications include advertising and promotional materials, such as brochures, pamphlets, greeting cards, books, annual reports and direct mail. Uncoated papers also produces various grades that are converted by its customers into envelopes, tablets, business forms and file folders. Uncoated papers are sold under private label and International Paper brand names that include Hammermill, Springhill, Williamsburg, Postmark, Accent, Great White, Chamex, Ballet, Rey, Pol, and Svetocopy. The mills producing uncoated papers are located in the United States, France, Poland, Russia, and Brazil.
MARKET PULP: Market pulp is used in the manufacture of printing, writing and specialty papers, towel and tissue products and filtration products. Pulp is also converted into products, such as diapers and sanitary napkins. Pulp products include fluff and southern softwood pulp, as well as southern and birch hardwood paper pulps. These products are produced in the United States, France, Poland, Russia, and Brazil and are sold worldwide.
This segment produces solid bleached sulfate board with annual U.S. production capacity of approximately 1.7 million tons. The companys coated paperboard business produces coated paperboard for various packaging and commercial printing end uses. The companys Everest, Fortress, and Starcote brands are used in packaging applications for everyday products, such as food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, computer software and tobacco products. Its Carolina brand is used in commercial printing end uses, such as greeting cards, paperback book covers, lottery tickets, direct mail and point-of-purchase advertising. The companys U.S. capacity is supplemented by approximately 330,000 tons of capacity at its mills producing coated board in Poland and Russia, and by its International Paper & Sun Cartonboard Co., Ltd. joint venture in China which has an annual capacity of 915,000 tons.
Shorewood Packaging Corporation produces premium packaging with graphics for various markets, including home entertainment, tobacco, cosmetics, general consumer and pharmaceuticals, in 16 facilities worldwide. The companys Foodservice business produces cups, lids, food containers, and plates.
This segment distributes products and services to various customer markets, including commercial printers with printing papers and graphic pre-press, printing presses and post-press equipment; building services and away-from-home markets with facility supplies; manufacturers with packaging supplies and equipment; and to various customers. The company operates this segment, through xpedx, a wholesale distribution marketer. It operates 122 warehouse locations and 130 retail stores in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The company provides distribution capabilities, including warehousing and delivery services.
This segment owns and manages approximately 200,000 acres of forestlands and development properties in the United States, mostly in the South.
Ilim Holding S.A.
The company and Ilim Holding S.A. (Ilim) have a 50:50 joint venture to operate a pulp and paper business located in Russia. Ilims facilities include three paper mills located in Bratsk, Ust-Ilimsk, and Koryazhma, Russia, with combined total pulp and paper capacity of approximately 2.5 million tons. Ilim has harvesting rights on timberland and forest areas exceeding 12.8 million acres (5.2 million hectares).
On May 26, 2010, Natural Resource Partners LP and International Paper Co. announced that they have signed a definitive agreement to form a joint venture in which Natural Resource Partners would be the managing and controlling partner with a 51% interest. The new joint venture would own and manage the lease, as well as the further development of approximately 7 million mineral acres held by International Paper.
On June 10, 2010, Natural Resource Partners L.P. and International Papery announced that they have completed the formation of a joint venture to own and manage the leases, as well as the further development of the approximately 7 million mineral acres.
International Paper Company was founded in 1898.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. International Paper Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of International Paper Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of International Paper Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. International Paper Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Paper & Forest Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. International Paper Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
International Paper Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
International Paper Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
International Paper Co. Major Shareholders
International Paper Co. History
International Paper Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
International Paper Co. Offices and Representations
International Paper Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
International Paper Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
International Paper Co. Capital Market Snapshot
International Paper Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Paper & Forest Products Industry Statistics
International Paper Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
International Paper Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
International Paper Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
International Paper Co. 1-year Stock Charts
International Paper Co. 5-year Stock Charts
International Paper Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
International Paper Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
International Paper Co. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?