- The report contains detailed information about St. John Knits International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for St. John Knits International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The St. John Knits International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes St. John Knits International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of St. John Knits International Inc. business.
About St. John Knits International Inc.
St. John Knits International, Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture and marketing of fine womens clothing and accessories. Its core knitwear product line consists of a collection of lifestyle clothing for womens business, evening and casual needs. The company manufactures its products primarily to order and distributes them on a selective basis through a group of upscale retailers with whom it has long-term relationships, as well as through company-owned retail boutiques and outlet stores.
The companys products are organized primarily into six separate product lines that include Knitwear, Sport, Shoes, Jewelry, Accessories and Home Accessories.
The company organizes its Knitwear into four groups that include Collection, Evening, Basics and Couture. Its knitwear products are sold as a collection of lifestyle clothing for womens business, evening and casual needs.
Collection: The Collection line consists of ready-to-wear styles. This line of daytime knit fashions includes dresses and suits. The Collection line also includes jackets, pants, skirts, coats and sweaters. All items in the line are sold as separates.
Evening: The Evening line consists of dresses, gowns and separates. The Evening line consists of transparent paillettes and sequins, embroidered sleeves or embellished collars and cuffs.
Basics: These products consist of classic jackets, skirts and pants that are an integral part of womens wardrobes, in solid black.
Couture: The Couture line is the companys group of day and evening apparel and is produced in limited quantities. The day group includes dresses, jackets, pants, skirts and tops which are designed with trims, embroidery and embellishments. The evening group consists of jackets, skirts, pants, dresses and gowns. Both groups are designed using various fabrics, trims, paillettes and stones.
St. John Sport is a line of clothing, which includes jackets, skirts, pants, tops and jeans and is targeted to the designer sportswear customer, as well as the companys core Knitwear customers. The line is manufactured in the companys production facilities and by select outside contractors located throughout the world. The line includes various knit styles along with woven garments made from fabrics purchased primarily in Italy and Asia.
The non-apparel group consists of shoes, jewelry, accessories and home accessories. As of January 31, 2004 these products are sold in the company owned boutiques and outlet stores. The description of each of these product lines is as follows:
Shoes: The St. John Shoe line consists of pumps, sling backs, loafers, boots and sandals, manufactured in Italy using Italian leather. Some shoe styles are designed to match the look and colors of the Knitwear line.
Jewelry: The Jewelry line comprises fashion jewelry, including earrings, necklaces, chokers, pins and bracelets. The Jewelry line is manufactured in the companys production facilities.
Accessories: The Accessories line comprises of handbags and belts. Handbags are manufactured in Italy using the Italian leather and fabrics. Belts are manufactured primarily in the companys production facilities.
Home Accessories: The company manufactures various home accessory items in its production facilities. These items are sold through company-owned retail stores and select wholesale customers.
The companys products are distributed primarily through a select group of specialty retailers and company owned retail boutiques and outlet stores.
Wholesale Customers: The company selectively distributes its products through some of the nations upscale retailers, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom. The company distributes its products to approximately 300 locations in the United States. Other significant customers of the company include select Bloomingdales, Marshall Fields and Belks stores.
St. John Boutiques and Outlet Stores: The company operates 32 retail boutiques in the United States and Canada. The companys boutiques showcase the entire line of apparel products. It also operates 13 outlet stores. The companys outlet stores primarily sell seconds, design samples and slow-moving inventory from the companys full-price boutiques.
St. John Home Stores: The company operates home furnishing stores under the name St. John Home.
International: The company sells its products to specialty retailers in Asia, Europe, Canada and Mexico. In Asia, it has relationships with retailers, including Lane Crawford in Hong Kong and China and ShinSegae in South Korea. In Japan, the company operates a wholly owned subsidiary that distributes its products throughout Japan and operates small retail shops which are located within larger department stores, two in-hotel shops and two freestanding retail boutiques. It also operates one retail boutique in western Canada and one small boutique and one retail shop in Hong Kong. The company distributes its products to approximately 205 locations outside the United States.
The company competes with designers, such as Armani, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Donna Karan and Escada.
St. John Knits International, Inc. was co-founded by Marie Gray and Bob Gray in 1962.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. St. John Knits International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of St. John Knits International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of St. John Knits International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. St. John Knits International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. St. John Knits International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ST. JOHN KNITS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
St. John Knits International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
St. John Knits International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
St. John Knits International Inc. Major Shareholders
St. John Knits International Inc. History
St. John Knits International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
St. John Knits International Inc. Offices and Representations
St. John Knits International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
St. John Knits International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
St. John Knits International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
St. John Knits International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
St. John Knits International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
St. John Knits International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
St. John Knits International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
St. John Knits International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
St. John Knits International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
St. John Knits International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
St. John Knits International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
St. John Knits International Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?