- The report contains detailed information about Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Kenneth Cole Productions Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. business.
About Kenneth Cole Productions Inc.
Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. designs, sources, and markets a range of fashion footwear, handbags, and apparel in the United States and internationally. Through license agreements, the company also designs and markets apparel and accessories under its Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Unlisted and Le Tigre brand names, as well as footwear under the proprietary trademark Gentle Souls.
In addition, the company designs, develops and sources private label footwear and handbags for selected retailers. The companys products are targeted to appeal to modern fashion conscious consumers who seek accessible designer fashion that reflects a metropolitan lifestyle.
The company markets its products to approximately 5,500 U.S. department and specialty store locations, its full-priced retail stores, Company Stores (outlets or Company Stores) and its e-commerce Web site, as well as internationally through its licensee partners and international retailers.
The company manages its business through three segments, including Wholesale, Consumer Direct, and Licensing.
The company markets its branded products to major department stores and chains, such as Macys and Dillard Department Stores, and upscale specialty retailers, including Bloomingdales and Nordstrom. In addition, the company sells out-of-season branded products and overruns through its Company Stores and to off-price retailers.
The company is partnering with retailers in approximately 10 countries in Europe and has expanded to Australia, Malaysia and the Middle East. It manages its Canadian footwear and handbag operations from its New York City headquarters with a sales staff and third-party distribution center in Canada. The company markets its branded products in Canada to independent specialty retailers and department stores, including Hudson Bay and Sears Canada.
The company designs, develops and sources private label footwear and handbags for selected retailers. These private label customers include major retailers that do not purchase the companys brands.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 110 full-priced retail stores and outlets.
As December 31, 2009, the company operated 38 Kenneth Cole full-priced retail stores, 68 outlet stores under the Kenneth Cole name and 4 outlet stores under the Le Tigre name.
The company maintains a Web site to provide information regarding the Company and its products, as well as to conduct online business.
Licensees range from small to medium-sized manufacturers to companies that are among the industry leaders in their respective product categories. The company grants licenses for three to five year terms with renewal options, limits licensees to certain territorial rights and retains the right to terminate the licenses if certain specified sales levels are not attained.
As of December 31, 2009, the company, through its licensees, operated 70 freestanding stores and 40 shop-in-shops worldwide.
The company sells its products through distributors and licensees to wholesale customers and direct retailers in international markets including Canada, Mexico, South America, Latin America, the Caribbean Islands, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
The companys Latin American licensee agreement covers Mexico, Latin America, South America and the Caribbean, with the exception of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. Its licensee operates 44 stores and various shop-in-shops in this region. Within the Middle East and Asia, the companys licensees maintain 26 retail stores and numerous shop-in-shops at local department stores. The stores are located in the United Arab Emirates, Israel, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, the Philippines, Thailand, and Taiwan. In Europe, the companys licensee sells footwear to department stores within the United Kingdom and has also entered into an arrangement with a department store to sell mens tailored clothing, apparel, dress shirts and neckwear, as well as womens apparel and accessories in the United Kingdom. In Canada, the company also sells and markets its products through its licensing partners excluding footwear and handbags which is distributed directly by it.
Footwear: Products include a selection of mens, womens, and childrens footwear across multiple categories and wear occasions.
Handbags: Handbag collections include a range of leather and non-leather styles suitable for multiple end uses.
Sportswear: Assortment includes a collection of mens sportswear including knits, wovens, pants, sweaters, and jackets, as well as a limited assortment of womens ready-to-wear that is sold through the companys owned retail stores and Web site.
The company offers various categories including jewelry, fragrance, watches, luggage, small leather goods, swimwear, hosiery, eyewear, womens sportswear, mens tailored clothing and neckwear, outerwear, and sleepwear.
Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KENNETH COLE PRODUCTIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Major Shareholders
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. History
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Offices and Representations
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?