- The report contains detailed information about Culp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Culp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Culp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Culp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Culp Inc. business.
About Culp Inc.
Culp, Inc. manufactures, sources, and markets mattress fabrics used for covering mattresses and box springs, and upholstery fabrics primarily for use in production of upholstered furniture (residential and commercial) in North America.
The company has two operating segments, Mattress Fabrics and Upholstery Fabrics.
Mattress Fabrics Segment
The Mattress Fabrics segment manufactures and markets woven jacquard fabric and knitted fabrics that are used primarily in the production of bedding products, including mattresses, box springs, and mattress sets to bedding manufacturers. Culp Home Fashions has manufacturing facilities located in Stokesdale and High Point, North Carolina, and St. Jerome, Quebec, Canada. The Stokesdale and St. Jerome plants manufacture and finish jacquard (damask) fabric. The Stokesdale plant also finishes knit fabrics, as well as houses the division offices and finished goods distribution capabilities.
Upholstery Fabrics Segment
The Upholstery Fabrics segment markets fabrics for residential and commercial furniture, including jacquard woven fabrics, velvets, microdenier suedes, woven dobbies, knitted fabrics, and piece-dyed woven products. Its fabric products are used in the production of residential and commercial upholstered furniture, sofas, recliners, chairs, loveseats, sectionals, sofa-beds, and office seating. The upholstery fabrics segment operates fabric manufacturing facilities in Anderson, South Carolina, and Shanghai, China. The company markets fabrics produced in these two locations, as well as various upholstery fabrics sourced from third party producers in China.
Mattress Fabrics Segment
Woven jacquards: Includes florals and other intricate designs, which are woven on complex looms using various synthetic and natural yarns.
Specialty: Includes suedes, velours, and other specialty type products are sourced to offer for higher end mattresses.
Knitted Fabric: Includes floral and other intricate designs produced on special-width circular knit machines utilizing various synthetic and natural yarns. Knitted mattress fabrics have inherent stretching properties and spongy softness, which conforms to layered foam packages.
Upholstery Fabrics Segment
Woven jacquards: Includes woven jacquards elaborate, complex designs, such as florals and tapestries in traditional, transitional, and contemporary styles. These are woven on intricate looms using various synthetic and natural yarns.
Woven dobbies: These are the fabrics that use straight lines to produce geometric designs, such as plaids, stripes and solids in traditional, and country styles. These are woven on less complicated looms using various weaving constructions and primarily synthetic yarns.
Velvets: Includes soft fabrics with a plush feel. These fabrics produced with synthetic yarns, either by weaving or by tufting yarn into a base fabric. Basic designs, such as plaids are in both traditional and contemporary styles.
Suede fabrics: Includes fabrics woven or knitted using microdenier polyester yarns, which are piece dyed and finished, usually by sanding. The fabrics are plain or small jacquard designs, with some being printed.
Mattress Fabrics Segment: The company's major customers for its mattress fabrics include major bedding manufacturers, such as Sealy, Inc., Serta (National Bedding), and Simmons. Its mattress fabrics customers also include small and medium-size bedding manufacturers.
Upholstery Fabrics Segment: The companys major customers for upholstery fabrics are manufacturers of upholstered furniture, including Ashley, Bassett, Berkline/Benchcraft, Best Home Furnishings, Flexsteel, Furniture Brands International (Broyhill and Lane), Klaussner Furniture, La-Z-Boy Incorporated (La-Z-Boy Residential, Bauhaus, and England), and Southern Motion. The company's major customers for its fabrics for commercial furniture include HON Industries.
Mattress Fabrics Segment: The companys principal mattress fabric competitors include Bekaert Textiles B.V. and Global Textile Alliance.
Upholstery Fabrics Segment: The companys principal upholstery fabric competitors include Richloom Fabrics, Merrimack Fabrics, Morgan Fabrics, and Specialty Textile, Inc. (STI).
Culp, Inc. was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CULP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CULP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CULP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CULP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CULP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Culp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Culp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Culp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Culp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Culp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CULP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CULP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CULP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CULP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CULP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CULP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Culp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Culp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Culp Inc. Major Shareholders
Culp Inc. History
Culp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Culp Inc. Offices and Representations
Culp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Culp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Culp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Culp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Culp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Culp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Culp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Culp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Culp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Culp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Culp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Culp Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?