- The report contains detailed information about Transcat Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Transcat Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Transcat Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Transcat Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Transcat Inc. business.
About Transcat Inc.
Transcat, Inc. engages in the distribution of professional grade test and measurement instruments. The company provides calibration, repair, and weighing system services.
The company is primarily focused on providing its products and services to the following markets: the pharmaceutical industry and FDA-regulated (such as food and beverage) businesses; industrial manufacturing companies; the energy industry and power, natural gas and water utility companies; the chemical process industry; and other industries which require accuracy in their processes and confirmation of the capabilities of their equipment.
The company conducts its business through two segments, Distribution Products and Calibration Services.
Distribution Products Segment
Through its Distribution Products segment, the company markets and distributes national and proprietary brand instruments to approximately 14,000 global customers. The companys product catalog (Master Catalog) offers access to approximately 25,000 test and measurement instruments, including calibrators, insulation testers, multimeters, pressure and temperature devices, oscilloscopes, recorders, and related accessories. These products are available from approximately 300 manufacturers, including Fluke, GE, Emerson, and Hart Scientific. In addition, the company is the worldwide distributor for Transmation and Altek products.
Accredited Calibration Services segment
Through its Accredited Calibration Services segment, the company offers calibration, repair and weighting system services. As of March 27, 2010, the company operated 12 calibration laboratories located across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada servicing approximately 9,200 customers. In addition, its acquisition of United Scale & Engineering Corporation has also provided entry into both the distribution and service segments of the industrial scales and weighing systems marketplace in the Wisconsin, Northern Illinois, and Upper Michigan areas.
CalTrak is its proprietary documentation and asset management system which is used to manage both the workflow at its Calibration Centers of Excellence and its clients assets. With CalTrak, the company provides its customers with calibration service while optimizing its own efficiencies. Additionally, CalTrak-Online provides its customers direct access to calibration certificates, calibration data, and access to other key documents required in the calibration process.
The company's major customers include Wyeth, Johnson & Johnson, DuPont, Exxon Mobil, Dow Chemical, Nestle, and Duke Energy.
The companys major supplier is Fluke Electronics Corporation.
The companys domestic and international inbound sales organization covers territories in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Its calibration and repair services are offered in North America and Puerto Rico.
Transcat, Inc. was founded in 1964.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRANSCAT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRANSCAT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRANSCAT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRANSCAT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRANSCAT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Transcat Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Transcat Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Transcat Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Transcat Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Transcat Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TRANSCAT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRANSCAT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRANSCAT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRANSCAT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRANSCAT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRANSCAT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Transcat Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Transcat Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Transcat Inc. Major Shareholders
Transcat Inc. History
Transcat Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Transcat Inc. Offices and Representations
Transcat Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Transcat Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Transcat Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Transcat Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Transcat Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Transcat Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Transcat Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Transcat Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Transcat Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Transcat Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Transcat Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Transcat Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?