- The report contains detailed information about Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. business.
About Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. is a specialty retailer and direct marketer of vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements, sports nutrition, and other health and wellness products.
The company markets approximately 700 brands, as well as its proprietary Vitamin Shoppe, BodyTech, and MD Select brands. It offers a variety of products among VMS retailers with approximately 8,000 stock keeping units (SKUs) offered in its typical store and an additional 12,000 SKUs available through its Internet and other direct sales channels. As of December 26, 2009, the company operated 438 stores in 37 states and the District of Columbia.
The company sells its products through two business segments: Retail, which is its retail store format, and Direct, which consists of its Internet and catalog formats.
Retail: The company operates a retail store format in the VMS industry, ranging from urban locations in New York City to suburban locations in Plantation, Florida and Manhattan Beach, California, as well as to resort locations in Hawaii. The companys stores carry a selection of VMS products.
Direct: The company sells its products directly to consumers through its Websites, primarily www.vitaminshoppe.com. The companys Websites and its catalog complement its in-store experience by extending its retail product offerings with an additional 12,000 SKUs that are not available in its stores and enable the company to access customers outside its retail markets and those who prefer to shop online.
The company offers a selection of vitamins, minerals, herbs, specialty supplements, sports nutrition and other health and wellness products with approximately 20,000 SKUs from 700 national brands. The companys products are sold under its Vitamin Shoppe, BodyTech, and MD Select brand names, including Ultimate Man, Ultimate Woman and Whey Tech, and under third-party brand names, including Solgar, Twinlab, EAS, and Natures Way.
Vitamins and Minerals
The vitamin and mineral product category includes multi-vitamins, which is considered to be a foundation of a healthy regimen, lettered vitamins, such as Vitamin A, C, D, E, and B-complex, along with major and trace minerals such as calcium, magnesium, chromium, and zinc. With approximately 4,000 SKUs, a range of potency levels and multiple delivery systems, its customers have choices to fit their individual needs. The companys vitamin and mineral products are available in tablets, capsules, vegi-capsules, softgels, gelcaps, liquids, and powders.
Herbs offer a natural remedy and are taken to address specific conditions. Certain herbs can be taken to help support specific body systems, including ginkgo to support brain activity and milk thistle to help maintain proper liver function, as well as other less common herbs, such as holy basil for stress relief and blood sugar control, turmeric for inflammation support and black cohosh for menopause support. Herbal products include whole herbs, standardized extracts, herbs designed for single remedies, herb combination formulas, and teas. With approximately 7,000 SKUs, a range of potency levels and multiple delivery systems, its customers have choices to fit their individual needs. The companys herb products are available in tablets, capsules, vegi-capsules, soft gels, gelcaps, liquids, tea bags, and powders.
Categories of specialty supplements include essential fatty acids, probiotics, and condition specific formulas. Certain specialty supplements, such as organic greens, psyllium fiber and soy proteins, are taken for added support during various life stages and are intended to supplement vital nutrients absent in an individuals diet. Flax seed oils and folic acid are specifically useful during pregnancy. Super antioxidants, such as coenzyme Q-10, grapeseed extract and pycnogenol, are taken to address specific conditions. Other specialty supplement formulas are targeted to support specific organs, biosystems and body functions. The company offers Ultimate Memory Aid for brain function, Sleep Naturally for sleeplessness and various enzyme combinations for other support systems. The company offers approximately 5,000 supplement SKUs available in tablets, capsules, vegi-capsules, soft gels, gelcaps, sublingual and liquid forms.
These products are used in conjunction with cardiovascular conditioning, weight training, and sports activities. Major categories in sports nutrition include protein and weight gain powders, meal replacements, nutrition bars, sport drinks and pre and post-workout supplements to either add energy or enhance recovery after exercise. The companys sports nutrition products are offered in various forms such as powders, tablets, capsules, soft gels and liquids. The companys sports nutrition consumers include the sports enthusiast, weekend warrior, endurance athlete, marathoner and serious bodybuilder, as well as those seeking to maintain a healthy fitness level. The company offers approximately 2,000 SKUs in sports nutrition.
These products include natural beauty and personal care, natural pet food, low carb foods and diet and weight management supplements. Natural beauty and personal care products offer an alternative to traditional products that often contain synthetic and/or other ingredients that its customers find objectionable. The company offers approximately 2,000 SKUs for its other category. The companys variety of diet and weight management products range from low calorie bars, drinks and meal replacements to energy tablets, capsules, and liquids. The companys natural pet products include nutritionally balanced foods and snacks along with condition specific supplements such as glucosamine for joint health.
The companys main supplier is Natures Value, Inc.
The company competes with other specialty and mass market retailers including Vitamin World, GNC, Whole Foods, Costco and Wal-Mart; and Internet and mail order companies including Puritans Pride, Vitacost.com, Bodybuilding.com, Doctors Trust, Swanson and iHerb in addition to various independent health and vitamin stores.
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. was founded in 1977.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VITAMIN SHOPPE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Major Shareholders
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. History
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Offices and Representations
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?