- The report contains detailed information about TravelCenters of America LLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TravelCenters of America LLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TravelCenters of America LLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TravelCenters of America LLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TravelCenters of America LLC business.
About TravelCenters of America LLC
TravelCenters of America LLC operates and franchises travel centers primarily along the United States interstate highway system. As of December 31, 2009, the companys business included 233 travel centers located in 41 states in the U.S. and the province of Ontario, Canada. The companys travel centers include 166 that are operated under the TravelCenters of America or TA brand names, including 143 that it operates and 23 that franchisees operate, and 67 that are operated under the Petro brand name, including 45 that it operates and 22 that franchisees operate.
The company offers a range of products and services, including diesel fuel and gasoline, truck repair and maintenance services, full service restaurants, approximately 20 different brands of quick serve restaurants, or QSRs, travel and convenience stores and various driver amenities.
Travel Center Locations
As of December 31, 2009, the companys travel centers consisted of 175 travel centers leased from HPT and operated by it; 10 travel centers leased from HPT and subleased to and operated by its franchisees; 9 travel centers it operates on sites it owns; 2 travel centers that it operates on sites owned by parties other than HPT; 2 travel centers it operates for a joint venture in which it owns a minority interest; and 35 travel centers that are operated by its franchisees on sites they own or lease.
The company's travel centers include 166 that are operated under the TravelCenters of America or TA brand names and 67 that are operated under the Petro brand name. The company's typical travel center includes: approximately 23 acres of land with parking for 190 tractor trailers and 100 cars; a full service restaurant and one or more QSRs that the company operates as a franchisee under various brands; a truck repair facility and parts store; multiple diesel and gasoline fueling points; and a travel and convenience store, game room, lounge and other amenities for professional truck drivers and motorists.
Product and Service Offering
Gasoline: The company sells branded and unbranded gasoline. Of its 233 travel centers as of December 31, 2009, the company offered branded gasoline at 217 travel centers and unbranded gasoline at 16 travel centers.
Full Service Restaurants and QSRs: Most of its travel centers have both full service restaurants and QSRs that offer customers branded food choices. The substantial majority of its full service restaurants are operated under its Iron Skillet, Country Pride, Buckhorn Family Restaurants and Fork in the Road brands and offer menu table service and buffets. The company also offers approximately 20 different brands of QSRs, including Arby's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits, Starbuck's Coffee, Subway and Taco Bell. As of December 31, 2009, 212 of its travel centers included a full service restaurant, 160 of its travel centers offered at least one QSR, and there were a total of 281 QSRs in its 233 travel centers.
Truck Repair and Maintenance Shops: All but nine of its travel centers have truck repair and maintenance shops. The typical repair and maintenance shop has between three and six service bays and a parts storage room and is staffed by its mechanics and service technicians.
Travel and Convenience Stores: Each of the company's travel centers has a travel and convenience store which offers merchandise to truck drivers, motorists, recreational vehicle operators and bus drivers and passengers. The companys travel and convenience stores have a selection of approximately 4,000 items, including packaged food and snack items, beverages, non-prescription drug and beauty supplies, batteries, automobile accessories, and music and video products. The companys stores also sell items specifically designed for the truck driver's on the road lifestyle, including laundry supplies, clothing and truck accessories. A majority of its stores also have a to go snack bar as an additional prepared food offering.
Additional Driver Services: The company provides service and amenities to professional truck drivers at all of its travel centers. Most of its travel centers provide truck drivers with access to specialized business services, including an information center where drivers can send and receive faxes, overnight mail and other communications and a banking desk where drivers can cash checks and receive funds transfers from fleet operators. The companys typical travel center also offers wi-fi Internet access and has a video game room, a laundry area with washers and dryers, private showers and areas designated for truck drivers only, including a theater or big screen television room with a video player and comfortable seating. Some of its travel centers offer casino gaming.
The companys customers include long haul trucking fleets and their drivers, independent truck drivers and motorists.
The company has strategic relationships with various suppliers of non-fuel products, including Daimler Trucks North America LLC, for truck parts, Bridgestone/Firestone Tire Sales Company for truck tires and ExxonMobil Oil Corporation for lubricants and oils.
TravelCenters of America LLC was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TravelCenters of America LLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TravelCenters of America LLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TravelCenters of America LLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TravelCenters of America LLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TravelCenters of America LLC Industry Position Analysis
6. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA LLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TravelCenters of America LLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TravelCenters of America LLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TravelCenters of America LLC Major Shareholders
TravelCenters of America LLC History
TravelCenters of America LLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TravelCenters of America LLC Offices and Representations
TravelCenters of America LLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TravelCenters of America LLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TravelCenters of America LLC Capital Market Snapshot
TravelCenters of America LLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
TravelCenters of America LLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TravelCenters of America LLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TravelCenters of America LLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TravelCenters of America LLC 1-year Stock Charts
TravelCenters of America LLC 5-year Stock Charts
TravelCenters of America LLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TravelCenters of America LLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TravelCenters of America LLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?