- The report contains detailed information about Gander Mountain Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gander Mountain Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gander Mountain Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gander Mountain Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gander Mountain Co. business.
About Gander Mountain Co.
Gander Mountain Company operates a retail network of stores that provide hunting, fishing, camping, marine, and outdoor lifestyle products and services. As of January 31, 2009, it operated 118 stores, including 3 outlet centers in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
The company conducts its operations through two segments, including Retail and Direct.
The Retail segment sells its outdoor lifestyle products and services through its 118 retail stores, including 3 outlet centers, located in 23 states.
The Direct segment is the Internet and catalog operations of Overton's, offering primarily boating and watersports accessory products, as well as the new Internet and catalog operations under its Gander Mountain brand that launched in August 2008.
The company offers an assortment of equipment, apparel, footwear, related accessories and consumable supplies to meet the outdoor activity needs of its customers.
Hunting: Hunting is the company's primary merchandise category. The companys hunting merchandise assortment provides equipment, accessories and consumable supplies for hunting and sport shooting. Gunsmith services and archery technicians support its hunting assortments to service the needs of the hunter. The companys hunting assortment includes various firearms, including rifles, shotguns, handguns, air guns and black powder muzzle loaders.
The company also buys and sells used firearms. In addition to firearms, the company carries a selection of products in the ammunition, hunting equipment, optics, dog training, archery and food plots/feeding categories.
Fishing and Marine Accessories: Fishing and marine accessories includes products for fresh-water fishing, salt-water fishing, fly-fishing, ice-fishing and boating, as well as the sales of its Overton's direct marketing business. In addition to lures, rods and reels, its fishing assortment features a selection of products in the tackle supplies, electronics, fly-fishing, ice-fishing and marine accessories categories. The company also provides fishing line winding services in all of its stores and live bait in most of its stores.
The companys marine accessory assortment includes products for boat care and maintenance, as well as safety equipment and products for fun on the water, such as wake boards and tubes. The companys acquisition of Overton's allowed the company to expand its marine product line including specialty water sports and accessories, marine apparel, electronics, boat covers and boat seats.
Camping, Paddlesports and Backyard Equipment: The companys camping assortment primarily focuses on family camping and the weekend hiker, and includes the camping, paddlesports, backyard cooking and entertainment, and food processing product categories.
Apparel and Footwear: The companys apparel and footwear product categories include both technical gear and lifestyle apparel for the active outdoor enthusiast. Apparel and footwear and its assortments in these categories include fieldwear, sportswear, work wear and marine wear.
Power Sports: Certain of its large-format stores carry an assortment of ATVs and ATV accessories, power-boats and a small number of power tools. In addition to selling ATVs , the company also sells ATV accessories. The company offers utility boats, kayaks, canoes and small boat motors.
Other: Products in this category include cabin and ranch décor items, gifts, books, videos and food.
The company provides its customers with a range of in-store, value-added, technical support services. The company's stores offer gunsmith shops, archery technicians, fishing-reel line winding, and hunting and fishing license sales.
In 2007, the company acquired Overton's, Inc., an Internet and catalog marketing company targeting recreational boaters and water sports enthusiasts. Overton's product line includes water skis, wakeboards and apparel. It also offers electronics, boat covers, boat seats and other marine accessories.
The companys competitors include entertainment-focused outdoor retailers, such as Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops; other outdoor-focused chains, such as Sportsman's Warehouse; catalog and internet-based retailers, such as Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops and The Sportsman's Guide; traditional sporting goods chains, such as Dick's Sporting Goods, The Sports Authority and Academy; discount chains and mass merchants, such as Wal-Mart and Kmart; and marinas and marine supply stores, such as Boater's World and West Marine chains.
Gander Mountain Company was founded in 1960.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gander Mountain Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gander Mountain Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gander Mountain Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gander Mountain Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gander Mountain Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GANDER MOUNTAIN CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gander Mountain Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gander Mountain Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gander Mountain Co. Major Shareholders
Gander Mountain Co. History
Gander Mountain Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gander Mountain Co. Offices and Representations
Gander Mountain Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gander Mountain Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gander Mountain Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Gander Mountain Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Gander Mountain Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gander Mountain Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gander Mountain Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gander Mountain Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Gander Mountain Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Gander Mountain Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gander Mountain Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gander Mountain Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?