- The report contains detailed information about Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dick's Sporting Goods Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. business.
About Dick's Sporting Goods Inc.
Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc., a sporting goods retailer, together with its subsidiaries, offers sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear for men, women, and children. As of January 30, 2010, the company operated 419 Dicks Sporting Goods stores in 39 states, 89 Golf Galaxy stores in 40 states and 91 Golf Galaxy stores in 31 states.
The company offers a range of sporting goods and active apparel to appeal to the beginner, intermediate and enthusiast sports consumer. The merchandise the company carries includes one or more of the manufacturers in each category.
Apparel: This category consists of athletic apparel, outerwear and sportswear designed for a range of activities and performance levels, as well as apparel designed and fabricated for specific sports in mens, womens and childrens assortments. Technical and performance specific apparel includes offerings for sports such as golf, tennis, running, fitness, soccer, baseball, football, hockey, swimming, cycling and licensed products. Basic sportswear includes T-shirts, shorts, sweats and warm-ups.
Footwear: The Footwear Center, featuring hardwood floors and a track for testing athletic shoes, offers a selection of athletic shoes for running and walking, tennis, fitness and cross training, basketball and hiking. In addition, the company also carries specialty footwear, including casual footwear and a line of cleated shoes for baseball, football, soccer and golf. Other categories with in the footwear department are boots, socks and accessories.
Exercise and Team Sports: The companys product lines include a selection of fitness equipment, including treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bicycles, home gyms, free weights and weight benches. A range of equipment and accessories are available for team sports, such as football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, bowling and lacrosse. Family recreation offerings include lawn games and table games such as ping-pong, foosball, and air hockey.
Outdoor Recreation: The Sportsmans Lodge, designed to have the look of an authentic bait and tackle shop, caters to the outdoorsman and includes an offering of equipment for hunting, fishing, camping and water sports. Hunting products include rifles, shotguns, ammunition, global positioning systems, hunting apparel, boots and optics including binoculars and scopes, knives and cutlery, archery equipment and accessories. Fishing gear, such as rods, reels, tackle and accessories are offered along with camping equipment, including tents and sleeping bags. Equipment offerings for marine and water sports include navigational electronics, water skis, rafts, kayaks, canoes and accessories.
Golf: The Pro Shop, a golf shop with a putting green and indoor driving range, includes an assortment of golf clubs and club sets, bags, balls, shoes, teaching aids and accessories. The company carries a range of products featuring golf suppliers, such as TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist, Cobra, FootJoy and Nike Golf as well as brands, Walter Hagen, Maxfli and Slazenger.
Cycling: The companys Cycle Shop features a selection of BMX, all-terrain, freestyle and touring bicycles, scooters and skateboards. In addition, the company also offers a range of cycling accessories including helmets, bicycle carrier racks, gloves, water bottles and repair and maintenance parts.
The company purchases merchandise from approximately 1,200 vendors. Its major supplier in the year 2009, was Nike.
The companys major competitor includes Wal-Mart.
Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc. was founded in 1948. The company was formerly known as Dicks Clothing and Sporting Goods, Inc. and changed its name to Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc. in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Major Shareholders
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. History
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Offices and Representations
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?