- The report contains detailed information about Extendicare REIT that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Extendicare REIT. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Extendicare REIT financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Extendicare REIT competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Extendicare REIT business.
About Extendicare REIT
Extendicare Real Estate Investment Trust operates as an unincorporated, open-ended limited purpose trust. It provides long-term care and related services in North America. As of December 31, 2007, the company, through its subsidiaries, operated 269 nursing and assisted living facilities in the United States and Canada, with capacity for 30,333 residents.
The companys operations are divided into two operating groups, Extendicare Health Services, Inc. (EHSI) in the United States and Extendicare (Canada) Inc. (ECI) in Canada. It self-insures its general and professional liability risks through its 100% owned subsidiaries: Laurier Indemnity Company, Ltd.; Laurier Indemnity Company; and LTC Professional Insurance Company, Ltd.
Through The Progressive Step Corporation, EHSI operates primarily nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities in the United States, through which it offers a continuum of health care services, including nursing home care, assisted living and related medical specialty services, such as subacute care and rehabilitative therapy on an inpatient and outpatient basis. It also offers information technology services to smaller long-term care providers through Virtual Care Provider, Inc. (VCPI). Home health care services are provided in Canada through ParaMed Home Health Care (ParaMed). It also offers management and consulting services, and group purchasing of supplies to third parties across North America.
Nursing Care: EHSI provides various long-term nursing care, including skilled nursing services, subacute care and rehabilitative therapy services to assist patients who are recovering from acute illness or injury but do not require the specialized services of a hospital. The nursing homes provide daily dietary services, social services and recreational activities, as well as basic services, such as housekeeping and laundry. As of December 31, 2007, EHSI operated 180 nursing facilities and one inpatient rehabilitation hospital with 18,711 beds in 12 states.
Assisted and Independent Living Services: Assisted living care encompasses various senior living services and care options, which include independent living, assisted living and different levels of skilled nursing care. EHSI primarily operates assisted living facilities; it does operate independent living facilities. Assisted living meets the needs of seniors seeking accommodation with supportive care and services or who require rehabilitative services. Independent living is designed to serve the needs of seniors who choose to live in an environment surrounded by their peers, where they would receive such services as housekeeping, meals and activities, but are not reliant on assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing, eating and dressing. In its assisted living facilities, EHSI provides residential accommodations, activities, meals, security, housekeeping, and assistance in the activities of daily living to seniors who require support, but not the level of nursing care provided in a nursing facility. The assisted living facilities primarily offer studio and one or two-bedroom units. As of December 31, 2007, EHSI operated four owned (339 units) and six managed (206 units) assisted living facilities in six states (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Washington, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin).
Management and Selected Consulting Services: EHSI uses its long-term care operating expertise to provide third parties with management services through Partners Health Group, LLC, or selected consulting services through Fiscal Services Group, LLC, two wholly owned subsidiaries of EHSI. On a regional level, EHSI provides consultants in the areas of nursing, dietary, laundry and housekeeping to long-term care operators under a consulting or management services basis. Similarly, through its head office support group, EHSI provides professionals to assist other operators in the areas of cost reimbursement and accounting services. As of December 31, 2007, EHSI had seven nursing facilities (813 beds) and six assisted living facilities (206 units) under full management contracts and 72 facilities (9,574 beds) under consulting
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EXTENDICARE REIT COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EXTENDICARE REIT BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EXTENDICARE REIT SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EXTENDICARE REIT FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EXTENDICARE REIT COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Extendicare REIT Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Extendicare REIT and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Extendicare REIT and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Extendicare REIT Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Extendicare REIT Industry Position Analysis
6. EXTENDICARE REIT NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EXTENDICARE REIT EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EXTENDICARE REIT ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EXTENDICARE REIT IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EXTENDICARE REIT PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EXTENDICARE REIT VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Extendicare REIT Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Extendicare REIT Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Extendicare REIT Major Shareholders
Extendicare REIT History
Extendicare REIT Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Extendicare REIT Offices and Representations
Extendicare REIT SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Extendicare REIT Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Extendicare REIT Capital Market Snapshot
Extendicare REIT Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Extendicare REIT Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Extendicare REIT Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Extendicare REIT Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Extendicare REIT 1-year Stock Charts
Extendicare REIT 5-year Stock Charts
Extendicare REIT vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Extendicare REIT vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Extendicare REIT Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?