- The report contains detailed information about VimpelCom Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for VimpelCom Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The VimpelCom Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes VimpelCom Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of VimpelCom Ltd. business.
About VimpelCom Ltd.
VimpelCom Ltd. provides voice and data services through a range of wireless, fixed, and broadband technologies. The company also provides roaming services that allows its subscribers and the customers of other mobile operators to receive and make international, local, and long distance calls while outside of their home network in Europe, Asia, North and South America, Australia, Oceania, and Africa.
In addition, the company offers mobile telecommunications, as well as fixed-line, data, and long distance licenses. It has operations in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Georgia, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Vietnam, and Cambodia.
The VimpelCom group of companies includes companies operating in Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Georgia and in the Kingdom of Cambodia. The company also owns 40.0% of an operator in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. The operations of these companies cover a territory with a total population of approximately 340.0 million. The company acquired Golden Telecom, a provider of fixed-line telecommunications and Internet services in Russia and the CIS.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys total number of mobile subscribers in Russia, the CIS and Cambodia was 64.6 million (including 50.9 million in Russia, 6.1 million in Kazakhstan, 3.5 million in Uzbekistan, 2.0 million in Ukraine, 0.5 million in Armenia, 0.7 million in Tajikistan, 0.4 million in Georgia and 0.4 million in Cambodia). As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 2.3 million residential broadband subscribers.
The company operates telecommunications services in Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Armenia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Cambodia, and Vietnam primarily under the Beeline brand name.
Mobile Telecommunications Business
The company offers the following mobile telecommunications services to subscribers: voice telephony services; value-added and call completion services; access to both national and international roaming services; and other services.
Voice telephony services
The company primarily offers mobile telecommunications services to subscribers under two types of payment plans: contract plans and prepaid plans.
Value-added services and call completion services
The company provides all of its customers with a variety of value-added services and call completion services:
Call completion services: Its call completion services include two groups of services: Possibilities with zero services and Basic voice services, which allow to increase voice traffic and revenue without causing average price per minute to decrease.
Value added services: Value added services include messaging services content/infotainment services, data access services (on GPRS and 3G basis), media and content delivery channels. Messaging portfolio include SMS, MMS (which allows subscribers to send pictures, audio and video to mobile phones and to e-mail), voice messaging and mobile instant messaging.
The company offers its subscribers various types of content/infotainment services, including SMS Services (including information services such as news, weather, entertainment chats and friend finder); voice services (including referral services); downloadable content (downloadable to telephone content, including music, pictures, games and video); ringback tone, or RBT, (customized ringtones); and wireless applications, or WAP, services.
The companys data access services are offered on GPRS and 3G basis and include access to Internet and WAP (even without phone settings).
The companys media and content delivery channels include RBT, Chameleon (based on CellBroadcast), IVR content sales numbers, USSD-menu (self-care and entertainment portal), STK-menu, WAP-portal (targeted on surfing, downloads sales and enriched information).
Roaming allows subscribers and subscribers of other mobile operators, to receive and make international, local and long distance calls while outside of their home network.
As of December 31, 2009, VimpelCom had active roaming agreements with 545 GSM networks in 213 countries in Europe, Asia, North America, South A
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIMPELCOM LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIMPELCOM LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIMPELCOM LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIMPELCOM LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIMPELCOM LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. VimpelCom Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of VimpelCom Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of VimpelCom Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. VimpelCom Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. VimpelCom Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIMPELCOM LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIMPELCOM LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIMPELCOM LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIMPELCOM LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIMPELCOM LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIMPELCOM LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
VimpelCom Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
VimpelCom Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
VimpelCom Ltd. Major Shareholders
VimpelCom Ltd. History
VimpelCom Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
VimpelCom Ltd. Offices and Representations
VimpelCom Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
VimpelCom Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
VimpelCom Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
VimpelCom Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
VimpelCom Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
VimpelCom Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
VimpelCom Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
VimpelCom Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
VimpelCom Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
VimpelCom Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
VimpelCom Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
VimpelCom Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?