- The report contains detailed information about Indosat tbk PT that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Indosat tbk PT. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Indosat tbk PT financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Indosat tbk PT competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Indosat tbk PT business.
About Indosat tbk PT
PT Indosat Tbk operates as an integrated telecommunications network and service provider in Indonesia. The company offers national and international telecommunications services. It provides cellular and international long-distance services. It also provides MIDI services to Indonesian and regional corporate and retail customers. The company also provides multimedia, data, and Internet, fixed data (MIDI) services to Indonesian and regional corporate and retail customers.
The company operates in three reportable segments: Cellular, Fixed Telecommunication, and MIDI.
CELLULAR SERVICES SEGMENT
The Cellular Services segment provides global system for mobile communications (GSM) 900 and 1800, and 3G cellular services to approximately 33.1 million cellular subscribers, including wireless broadband subscribers throughout Indonesia, as of December 31, 2009. The company also provides wireless broadband services using its 3G platform and as of December 31, 2009, had approximately 721,127 subscribers.
The companys principal cellular services are the provision of voice and data services, which it sells through postpaid and prepaid plans. Its prepaid and postpaid subscribers are able to make and receive on-net voice calls to and from other Indosat subscribers (including its Matrix, Mentari, and IM3 subscribers) on its telecommunication network, as well as off-net voice calls to and from subscribers of other telecommunication operators on their fixed and cellular telecommunication networks.
The company offers prepaid plans under the brand names Mentari and IM3. It offers postpaid plans under the brand name Matrix. Prepaid and postpaid subscribers have access to local, domestic long-distance (DLD), and international direct long-distance dialing. In addition, the company offers various value-added services, functions and features to its subscribers. Such services, functions and features, which, in certain cases, are free of charge, can be purchased individually, or bundled according to the package selected include short message service (SMS); multimedia messaging services (MMS); voice SMS; ring-back tone; general packet radio service (GPRS); mobile data and facsimile services; voicemail; caller identification; call holding; call waiting; call forwarding; detailed billing; direct debit payment; recharge via SMS and automated teller machines; and international roaming. The company provides its SMS service to prepaid and postpaid cellular subscribers. It offers international roaming services to its cellular subscribers to enable them to make and receive calls and to send and receive SMS text messages when outside Indonesia. The company has entered into roaming agreements with operators of GSM cellular networks in Africa, Europe, North and South America, and Asia. As of December 31, 2009, its postpaid cellular subscribers could roam internationally on 350 networks, owned by 264 operators in 129 countries, and its prepaid cellular subscribers could roam internationally on 13 networks in nine countries.
Mobile Data Services
Mobile data services accessed through, SMS, direct dial-up connection to a WAP server or wireless broadband, where subscribers access various information, including movie listings, stock quotes, exchange rates, sports and business news and astrological predictions, and recharge their prepaid SMS cards. In addition, subscribers send and receive e-mail and conduct mobile banking services with various banks through their mobile handsets. The company provides GPRS service with Enhanced Data GSM Environment (EDGE) technology in various cities in Java, Bali, Sumatra, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, and Papua. In December 2009, the company launched its Broadband-On-Request program, which is activated by subscribers themselves, for Mentari and IM3 customers.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 1,803,342 postpaid and 31,333,173 prepaid cellular subscribers and it has approximately 33,136,515 subscribers, including approximately 721,127 subscribers to its wireless broadband services.
The companys main competitors for wireless broadband services are Telkoms
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INDOSAT TBK PT COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INDOSAT TBK PT BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INDOSAT TBK PT SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INDOSAT TBK PT FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INDOSAT TBK PT COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Indosat tbk PT Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Indosat tbk PT and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Indosat tbk PT and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Indosat tbk PT Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Indosat tbk PT Industry Position Analysis
6. INDOSAT TBK PT NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INDOSAT TBK PT EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INDOSAT TBK PT ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDONESIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INDOSAT TBK PT IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INDOSAT TBK PT PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INDOSAT TBK PT VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Indosat tbk PT Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Indosat tbk PT Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Indosat tbk PT Major Shareholders
Indosat tbk PT History
Indosat tbk PT Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Indosat tbk PT Offices and Representations
Indosat tbk PT SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Indosat tbk PT Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Indosat tbk PT Capital Market Snapshot
Indosat tbk PT Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Indosat tbk PT Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Indosat tbk PT Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Indosat tbk PT Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Indosat tbk PT 1-year Stock Charts
Indosat tbk PT 5-year Stock Charts
Indosat tbk PT vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Indosat tbk PT vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Indosat tbk PT Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?