- The report contains detailed information about Versar Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Versar Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Versar Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Versar Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Versar Inc. business.
About Versar Inc.
Versar, Inc., a project management company, provides solutions to government and commercial clients in construction management, environmental services, munitions response, telecommunications, and energy. The company provides solutions in harsh environments and offers specialized abilities in rapid response, classified projects, and hazardous material management.
The company operates in four primary business segments: Program Management; Compliance and Environmental Programs; Professional Services; and National Security.
Program Management Business Segment
The Program Management business segment is the companys primary segment. During the period ended June 25, 2010, the Program Management business segment performed construction related services in Iraq, Afghanistan, the United Arab Emirates, and the continental United States. These programs include Air Force construction management and quality assurance work to support the rebuilding activities in Iraq, Afghanistan, and personal services support contract with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The company also provides personnel to the U.S. Army who manages quality assurance on Army projects in Iraq, and infrastructure related construction work in the United States.
In 2009, the company announced that its international subsidiary, Versar International, Inc., entered into a joint venture with Technical Resources International Limited (TRIL) to create a business venture to provide project and program management to private entities in the United Arab Emirates and other Gulf Cooperation Countries.
Compliance and Environmental Programs Business Segment
The Compliance and Environmental Programs business segment provides support for regulatory compliance programs involving air, water, cultural resources, chemical, and transportation industries. It provides support to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and various local municipal entities to help with environmental compliance, biological assessments, and resource management.
The company has long term relationships with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Oceanic, and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). Through its contracts with the Philadelphia and Wilmington Districts of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Versar helps to evaluate the marine life. The company also assists various counties in Maryland and Virginia with their watershed programs identifying impaired watersheds and providing solutions for their restoration programs.
Professional Services Business Segment
The Professional Services business segment provides onsite environmental management and professional services to approximately 20 Department of Defense (DoD) installations and industrial facilities.
National Security Business Segment
The National Security business segment provides national security services primarily through the operations of its subsidiary GEOMET Technologies, LLC (GEOMET). The National Security business segment operates in several defense markets:
Personal Protection Equipment: GEOMET engages in developing, testing, and manufacturing personal protection equipment (PPE). GEOMET provides its Disposable Toxicological Agent Protective System (DTAPS) Level B coverall chemical/biological protective suits.
Chemical Testing Laboratory: GEOMET owns and operates the Schedule I chemical agent laboratory in the United States under the Chemical Weapons Convention which is overseen by the Department of Commerce. The laboratory provides materials testing services to the U.S. government and to private industries, particularly manufacturers of chemical protective equipment and clothing. Other laboratory services include evaluation of new chemical agent detection instrumentation, chemical agent decontamination and destruction techniques, site remediation/environmental cleanup support, analysis of environmental samples of air, soil, water, and sludge for the presence of chemical and biological agents and degradation products, and testing of personal protective systems for component survivability.
In January 2010, the company acquired Professional Protection Systems, Ltd. (PPS), which is located in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom. PPS manufactures and sells personal protective equipment to the nuclear industry, including protective suits, decontamination showers, and emergency shelters.
In March 2010, the company acquired Advent Environmental, Inc., which is a full service environmental contractor and has significant capabilities in military munitions response plans (MMRP) and unexploded ordinance (UXO) clean up.
Versar, Inc. was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VERSAR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VERSAR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VERSAR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VERSAR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VERSAR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Versar Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Versar Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Versar Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Versar Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Versar Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VERSAR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VERSAR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VERSAR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VERSAR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VERSAR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VERSAR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Versar Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Versar Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Versar Inc. Major Shareholders
Versar Inc. History
Versar Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Versar Inc. Offices and Representations
Versar Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Versar Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Versar Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Versar Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Versar Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Versar Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Versar Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Versar Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Versar Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Versar Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Versar Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Versar Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?