- The report contains detailed information about SmartPros Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SmartPros Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SmartPros Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SmartPros Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SmartPros Ltd. business.
About SmartPros Ltd.
SmartPros Ltd. provides learning and training solutions for specific professional markets, including accounting/finance, legal, engineering, securities and insurance. The company also provides corporate governance, ethics, finance and compliance for the general corporate market.
The company offers off-the-shelf courses, live training and produce custom-designed programs with delivery methods suited to the specific needs of its clients. Its customers include professional firms and companies of all sizes, who purchase its courses for use by their employees, and individuals who purchase its courses or subscriptions on a retail basis. The companys e-marketing and e-commerce business sells ads on its Web site and develops customized newsletters and marketing programs for its clients.
The companys learning solutions for professionals are designed to meet the initial and/or the ongoing licensing and continuing professional education requirements imposed by governmental agencies and professional standards organizations.
The companys products are available in multiple formats, including print, CD-ROM, DVD and via the Internet. It offers live seminars directed to accountants, legal and financial services professionals delivered through a number of different channels. In addition, the company offers clients a learning content management system known as the SmartPros Professional Education Center (PEC). The PEC provides clients and their employees a platform to take continuing education over the Internet and the ability to track their usage and performance.
The company has approximately 2,700 hours of programs available in one or more formats, including print, videotape, CD-ROM, DVD or online, such as 1,100 hours in accounting/finance, 600 hours in engineering, 600 hours in banking, securities, and financial services, 200 hours in legal training, and 200 hours in information technology.
The companys engineering products include courses designed to help prepare engineers for the basic entry-level licensing exam and the civil engineering professional licensing exam, and courses that are designed to meet the ongoing professional development requirements mandated by various states. It often jointly develops with or licenses these programs from an independent third party. Its engineering courses are available in print, CD-ROM, DVD and/or online. It also produces courses for project management, supply chain management and green engineering.
The companys SmartPros Legal and Ethics, Ltd. (SLE) subsidiary develops ethics and compliance training programs and provides continuing legal education. These programs are designed to align workplace behavior with legal standards and prevailing community expectations regarding corporate conduct. It also develops training strategies that track specific risk areas identified by the client. The companys library of customizable learning tools, in digital and print formats, enables it to develop training solutions modified to the individual corporate cultures of each client.
SLEs Cognistar division provides learning solutions to the legal and corporate compliance market. These include self-paced courses in a content-rich, engaging environment. Cognistar products include accredited continuing legal education programs and customized corporate training programs.
The companys Skye Multimedia, Ltd. (Skye) subsidiary custom designs training programs for industries, including pharmaceutical, financial services, and others.
The companys information technology training division course library, WatchIT, includes approximately 250 courses providing relevant briefings to executives, technologists and consultants with relevant up-to-date information in the technology landscape.
The companys Financial Services division offers approximately 300 course titles covering the insurance, banking and securities industries.
Products and Services
Accounting and Finance
The companys accounting and finance libraries, exclusive of Loscalzo Associates, Ltd (Loscalzo), contain approximately 1,100 credit hours of content, of which 900 are generally available, and the balance is custom-des
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMARTPROS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMARTPROS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMARTPROS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMARTPROS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMARTPROS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SmartPros Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SmartPros Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SmartPros Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SmartPros Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SmartPros Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SMARTPROS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMARTPROS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMARTPROS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMARTPROS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMARTPROS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMARTPROS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SmartPros Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SmartPros Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SmartPros Ltd. Major Shareholders
SmartPros Ltd. History
SmartPros Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SmartPros Ltd. Offices and Representations
SmartPros Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SmartPros Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SmartPros Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
SmartPros Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
SmartPros Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SmartPros Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SmartPros Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SmartPros Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
SmartPros Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
SmartPros Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SmartPros Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SmartPros Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?