- The report contains detailed information about United Stationers Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Stationers Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Stationers Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Stationers Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Stationers Inc. business.
About United Stationers Inc.
United Stationers Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the wholesale distribution of business products in North America. The company offers various categories of products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, and industrial supplies.
Technology Products: The company is a wholesale distributor of computer supplies and peripherals in North America. It stocks approximately 10,000 items, including imaging supplies, data storage, digital cameras, computer accessories, and computer hardware items, such as printers and other peripherals. United provides these products to value-added computer resellers, office products dealers, drug stores, grocery chains, and e-commerce merchants.
Traditional Office Products: The company is a national wholesale distributor of a range of office supplies. It carries approximately 20,000 brand-name and private label products, such as filing and record storage products, business machines, presentation products, writing instruments, paper products, shipping and mailing supplies, calendars, and general office accessories.
Janitorial and Breakroom Supplies: United is a wholesaler of janitorial and breakroom supplies throughout the U.S. The company holds approximately 8,000 items in these lines: janitorial and breakroom supplies (cleaners and cleaning accessories), foodservice consumables (such as disposable cups, plates and utensils), safety and security items, and paper and packaging supplies.
Office Furniture: The company operates as office furniture wholesaler in North America. It stocks approximately 4,500 products from approximately 40 of the industry's manufacturers, including desks, filing and storage solutions, seating and systems furniture, along with various products for markets, such as education, government, healthcare, and professional services.
Industrial Supplies: The company stocks approximately 55,000 items, including hand and power tools, safety and security supplies, janitorial equipment and supplies, other various industrial MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) items, and oil field and welding supplies.
United offers private brand products within each of its product categories to help resellers provide quality value-priced items to their customers. These include Innovera technology products, Universal office products, Windsoft paper products, UniSan janitorial and sanitation products, Alera office furniture, and Anchor Brand in the welding, industrial, safety, and oil field pipeline categories.
The company serves a group of approximately 25,000 customers, including independent office products dealers; contract stationers; office products superstores; computer products resellers; office furniture dealers; mass merchandisers; mail order companies; sanitary supply, paper and foodservice distributors; drug and grocery store chains; healthcare distributors; e-commerce merchants; oil field, welding supply and industrial/MRO distributors; and other independent distributors. The company's major customers include Staples, United Stationers Supply, Lagasse, and ORS Nasco resellers.
United Stationers, Inc. was founded in 1922.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED STATIONERS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED STATIONERS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED STATIONERS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED STATIONERS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED STATIONERS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Stationers Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Stationers Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Stationers Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Stationers Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Stationers Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED STATIONERS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED STATIONERS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED STATIONERS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED STATIONERS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED STATIONERS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED STATIONERS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Stationers Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Stationers Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Stationers Inc. Major Shareholders
United Stationers Inc. History
United Stationers Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Stationers Inc. Offices and Representations
United Stationers Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Stationers Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Stationers Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
United Stationers Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
United Stationers Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Stationers Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Stationers Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Stationers Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
United Stationers Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
United Stationers Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Stationers Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Stationers Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?