- The report contains detailed information about SK Telecom Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SK Telecom Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SK Telecom Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SK Telecom Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SK Telecom Co. Ltd. business.
About SK Telecom Co. Ltd.
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. provides wireless telecommunications services in Korea. The company also engages in the commercial development and implementation of wireless technologies. As of December 31, 2008, the company had approximately 23.0 million wireless subscribers.
The company also participates in various overseas markets, including in the United States, China and Vietnam. It provides its wireless services through proprietary backbone networks based on CDMA and WCDMA technology. The company also offers wireless data transmission and wireless Internet access services through its WiBro network.
The company offers wireless digital voice and data transmission services via networks. The company offers 2G wireless voice and data transmission services on its CDMA 1xRTT network. Its CDMA networks cover 84 cities nationwide.
The company offers wireless broadband Internet access through its WiBro service. It offers WiBro service to hot zone areas in 42 cities in Korea.
Cellular Voice Services
The companys cellular voice services, which include basic wireless voice transmission services and related value-added services, as well as global roaming services, remain its main business area. The companys value-added voice-related services in 2008 included services that provide a record of missed calls in the event a subscribers mobile phone is engaged or switched off, known as its Call Keeper service; services that play a ring back melody in lieu of a conventional dial tone when callers dial a subscribers mobile phone, known as COLORing service, as well as COLORing services that periodically change the default ring-back melody according to the subscribers music category selection, known as Auto COLORing service; and services that alert subscribers when a dialed number that was engaged when first dialed, is no longer engaged.
T-Roaming Services: The company also offers cellular global roaming services, branded as its T-Roaming service, through service agreements with various foreign wireless telecommunications service providers. Global roaming services allow subscribers traveling abroad to make and receive calls, often using their regular mobile phone numbers. Subscribers using EV-DO- and WCDMA-capable handsets are able to make and receive calls using their regular mobile phone number without changing their handsets. In addition, the company provides global roaming service to foreigners traveling to Korea.
The companys global roaming service is offered in three basic technologies, in part depending on which mobile phone standards are available in a particular region: CDMA, GSM and WCDMA roaming. The company offers CDMA voice roaming services in 21 countries, including countries in Asia, North and South America, as well as, Guam, Saipan and New Zealand; GSM voice roaming services in 167 countries, including countries in Europe, North America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia; and WCDMA voice roaming services in 65 countries, including countries in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Australia. In addition, the company offers global data roaming services in 79 countries, including countries in Asia, Europe, North and South America, the Middle East and Africa. In 2008, approximately 5.4 million subscribers utilized its global roaming services.
The company also provides interconnection service to connect its networks to domestic and international fixed-line and other wireless networks.
Wireless Data Services (including Wireless Internet Services)
The company offers its subscribers wireless data communications services, as well as wireless access to a variety of digital content and services, including Internet-based content and services.
SMS and MMS Services: The company provides wireless data communication services, including its basic short text message service, or SMS, which allows subscribers to send and receive short text messages to and from their mobile phones. In addition to text-only SMS, the company also offers a multimedia message service, or MMS. MMS allows subscribers to send and receive multimedia messages containing graphic, audio and video clips to and from
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SK Telecom Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SK Telecom Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH KOREA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SK TELECOM CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. History
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SK Telecom Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?