- The report contains detailed information about School Specialty Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for School Specialty Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The School Specialty Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes School Specialty Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of School Specialty Inc. business.
About School Specialty Inc.
School Specialty, Inc. operates as an education company serving the pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade (preK-12) market with value-added instructional solutions that address the educational needs from basic school supplies to standards-based curriculum solutions.
The company offers its products through two operating groups, Accelerated Learning Group and Educational Resources.
ACCELERATED LEARNING GROUP
The Accelerated Learning Group provides core and supplemental curriculum programs that help educators deepen students subject matter understanding and accelerate the speed of learning. The group intends to expand its portfolio of instructional programs, combining print-based and digital instructional and assessment tools to deliver value to educators. Products in its Accelerated Learning Group segment are typically sold to teachers, curriculum specialists, and other educators with direct responsibility for advancing student outcomes. Accelerated Learning Group develops standards-based curriculum products, supplemental curriculum materials, instructional programs, and student assessment tools.
The Accelerated Learning Group segments product lines include Wordly Wise 3000, Premier Agendas, Delta Education, FOSS, CPO Science, Frey Scientific, Educators Publishing Service, Academy of Reading, ThinkMath!, MCI, S.P.I.R.E., and SPARK.
The companys Accelerated Learning Group offerings are focused in the following areas:
Planning and Student Development: The company provides planning and student development content in the United States and Canada, which is delivered through student agendas. Its offerings are focused on developing personal, social, and organizational skills, as well as serving as a tool for students and parents to track and monitor their daily activities, assignments, and achievements. Its agendas are customized at the school level to include each schools academic, athletic, and extra-curricular activities. Its agendas are primarily marketed under the Premier brand name. The company is also a publisher of school forms, including record books, grade books, teacher planners, and other printed forms under the brand name, Hammond & Stephens.
Science: The company provides learning resources focused on promoting scientific education and inquiry, literacy, and achievement to the preK-12 education market. Its products range from laboratory supplies, equipment, and furniture to hands-on learning curriculums. The companys science brands include FOSS (Full Option Science System), Frey Scientific, Delta Science Modules, Delta Education, CPO Science, and Neo/SCI. Its Science category also offers the math curriculum ThinkMath!, as well as various supplemental math products. In addition to ThinkMath!, its math brands include Fast Food Math and Math in a Nutshell.
Literacy & Intervention: The companys reading and math intervention programs, which are standards- and curriculum-based products, are focused on providing educators and parents tools to encourage and improve literacy and mathematics skills, serving the K-12 grade levels. Educators Publishing Service (EPS) provides tailored reading and language arts instruction for students with special needs and proprietary instructional materials for educators. The Academy of Reading and Academy of Math products offer reading, math, and response to intervention solutions to help K-12 schools.
Coordinated School Health: The company offers research-based physical education and health solutions, such as SPARK, which is a curriculum- and product-based program focused on promoting healthy, active lifestyles and combating childhood obesity. Each SPARK program provides a coordinated package of curriculum, on-site teacher training, and content-matched equipment from its Sportime product line.
EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES GROUP
The Educational Resources Group offers educators a range of basic school supplies, supplemental learning products, classroom equipment, and furniture available from a single supplier. This segment provides supplemental educational materials to educators in the PreK-12 market.
The Educational Resources segment
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. School Specialty Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of School Specialty Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of School Specialty Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. School Specialty Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. School Specialty Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SCHOOL SPECIALTY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
School Specialty Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
School Specialty Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
School Specialty Inc. Major Shareholders
School Specialty Inc. History
School Specialty Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
School Specialty Inc. Offices and Representations
School Specialty Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
School Specialty Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
School Specialty Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
School Specialty Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
School Specialty Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
School Specialty Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
School Specialty Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
School Specialty Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
School Specialty Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
School Specialty Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
School Specialty Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
School Specialty Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?