- The report contains detailed information about Measurement Specialties Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Measurement Specialties Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Measurement Specialties Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Measurement Specialties Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Measurement Specialties Inc. business.
About Measurement Specialties Inc.
Measurement Specialties, Inc. engages in the design, development, and manufacture of sensors and sensor-based systems for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and end users. The company produces and markets globally a range of sensors that use advanced technologies to measure precise ranges of physical characteristics.
Products, Markets, and Applications
The companys sensor products include pressure sensors and transducers, linear/rotary position sensors, piezoelectric polymer film sensors, custom microstructures, load cells, accelerometers, optical sensors, humidity, temperature, and fluid property sensors. Its advanced technologies include piezo-resistive silicon sensors, application-specific integrated circuits, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), piezoelectric polymers, foil strain gauges, force balance systems, fluid capacitive devices, linear and rotational variable differential transformers, electromagnetic displacement sensors, hygroscopic capacitive sensors, ultrasonic sensors, optical sensors, negative thermal coefficient (NTC) ceramic sensors, torque sensors, and mechanical resonators.
The companys majority of sensors are devices, sense elements, and transducers that convert physical or mechanical information into a proportionate electronic signal for display, processing, interpretation, or control. Sensors are essential to the measurement, resolution, and display of pressure, force, linear or rotary position, tilt, vibration, motion, humidity, temperature, or fluid properties, such as viscosity, density, and dielectric constant. The company's product families and products and their applications consist of:
Pressure Components, Sensors and Transducers: The company offers pressure components, sensors, and transducers, which are used in applications, such as disposable catheter blood pressure altimeter, dive tank pressure, process instrumentation, fluid level, measurement and intravenous drug administration monitoring, racing engine performance, barometric pressure sensors (altimeters), automotive electronic stability control systems, paint spraying machines, fertilizer dispensers, hydraulics, refrigeration and automotive transmission, instrumentation-grade aerospace and weapon control systems, sub-sea pressure, ship cargo level, steel mills, and miniature and subminiature transducers for test and measurement applications in aerospace, auto testing, and industry.
Load Cells: The company offers load cells, which are used in applications, such as automotive occupancy weight sensing, bathroom scales, exercise equipment, appliance monitoring, and intravenous drug administration monitoring.
Linear Variable Differential Transformers: The company offers linear variable differential transformers, which are used in applications, such as aerospace, machine control systems, knitting machines, industrial process control, hydraulic actuators, and instrumentation.
Rotary Position Transducers: The company offers rotary position transducers, which are used in applications, such as machine control systems and instrumentation.
Magneto-Resistive (MR) sensors and Magnetic Encoders: The company offers magneto-resistive (MR) sensors and magnetic encoders, which are used in applications, such as automotive systems controls, pump counting and control, and school bus stop sign arm position.
Tilt/Angle Sensors: The company offers tilt/angle sensors, which are used in applications, such as heavy equipment level measurement, auto security systems, tire balancing, and instrumentation.
Traffic Sensors: The company offers traffic sensors, which are used in applications, such as traffic survey, speed and traffic light enforcement, toll, and truck weigh-in-motion.
Custom Piezoelectric Film Sensors: The company offers custom piezoelectric film sensors, which are used in applications, such as medical diagnostics, ultrasonic pen digitizers, musical instrument pickups, electronic stethoscope, security systems, anti-tamper sensors for data protection, and electronic water meters.
Accelerometers: The company offers accelerometers using micro-electro
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Measurement Specialties Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Measurement Specialties Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Measurement Specialties Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Measurement Specialties Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Measurement Specialties Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEASUREMENT SPECIALTIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Measurement Specialties Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Measurement Specialties Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Measurement Specialties Inc. Major Shareholders
Measurement Specialties Inc. History
Measurement Specialties Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Measurement Specialties Inc. Offices and Representations
Measurement Specialties Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Measurement Specialties Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Measurement Specialties Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Measurement Specialties Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Measurement Specialties Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Measurement Specialties Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Measurement Specialties Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Measurement Specialties Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Measurement Specialties Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Measurement Specialties Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Measurement Specialties Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Measurement Specialties Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?