- The report contains detailed information about Qwest Communications International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Qwest Communications International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Qwest Communications International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Qwest Communications International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Qwest Communications International Inc. business.
About Qwest Communications International Inc.
Qwest Communications International Inc. provides data, Internet, video, and voice services in the United States and internationally. The company operates its business within the 14-state region of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
The company operates through three business segments, including Business Markets, Mass Markets, and Wholesale Markets.
BUSINESS MARKETS SEGMENT
This segment provides data, Internet and voice services to enterprise and government customers.
Data and Internet Services
Data and Internet services include primarily: growth services, such as private line, multi-protocol label switching and broadband services; other products and services, such as data integration, integrated services digital network and hosting services; and traditional services, such as frame relay, dedicated Internet access, asynchronous transfer mode and virtual private network.
The company business markets its data and Internet services to access the Internet and Internet-based services, as well as to connect to private networks and to conduct internal and external data transmissions, such as transferring files from one location to another.
Private line: Private line is a direct circuit or channel specifically to a customer for the purpose of directly connecting two or more sites. Private line offers a high-speed solution for frequent transmission of data between sites.
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS): MPLS is standards-approved data networking technology, compatible with existing asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) and frame relay networks that can deliver service required to support real-time voice and video, as well as service level agreements that guarantee bandwidth. MPLS is deployed by various telecommunications providers and enterprises for use in their own national networks. The company sells MPLS-based services primarily to its customers under its iQ Networking name.
Broadband Services: Broadband Services allow customers to connect to the Internet through their existing telephone lines at higher speeds than dial-up access.
Data integration: Data integration includes the sale of telecommunications equipment located on customers' premises and related professional services. These services include network management, installation, and maintenance of data equipment and building of proprietary fiber-optic broadband networks for its governmental and other business customers. It also provides value added services and integrated solutions.
Web hosting and related services: Web hosting includes space, power, bandwidth, and managed services in data centers. The company also offers various server and application management, back-up, disaster recovery, and professional Web design services. It operates 15 Web hosting centers, or CyberCenters, in 11 metropolitan areas.
In addition, the company provides various traditional data and Internet services. These services include its traditional wide area network products (such as ATM, frame relay, Internet access, or Dedicated Internet Access (DIA), and virtual private network, or VPN), integrated services digital network, or ISDN, and Internet dial-up access.
Voice services include local voice services and long-distance voice services. Local voice services primarily consist of basic local exchange and switching services. Long-distance voice services include domestic and international long-distance services and toll free services.
Local Voice Services: Local Voice Services primarily consist of basic local exchange and switching services. It also provides enhanced features with its local voice exchange services, such as caller ID, call waiting, call return, 3-way calling, call forwarding, and voice mail.
Long-Distance Voice Services: Long-Distance Voice Services include domestic and international long-distance services and toll free services. Its international long-distance services include voice calls that either terminate or originate with its customers in the United States.
Wireless Services: The
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Qwest Communications International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Qwest Communications International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Qwest Communications International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Qwest Communications International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Qwest Communications International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Qwest Communications International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Qwest Communications International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Qwest Communications International Inc. Major Shareholders
Qwest Communications International Inc. History
Qwest Communications International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Qwest Communications International Inc. Offices and Representations
Qwest Communications International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Qwest Communications International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Qwest Communications International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Qwest Communications International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Qwest Communications International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Qwest Communications International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Qwest Communications International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Qwest Communications International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Qwest Communications International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Qwest Communications International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Qwest Communications International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Qwest Communications International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?