- The report contains detailed information about PNM Resources, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PNM Resources, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PNM Resources, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PNM Resources, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PNM Resources, Inc. business.
About PNM Resources, Inc.
PNM Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates in energy and energy-related businesses in the United States. The company's primary subsidiaries are Public Service Company of New Mexico (PNM); Texas-New Mexico Power Company (TNMP); and First Choice Power, L. P. (First Choice).
PNM Electric is an electric utility that is primarily focused on providing service to its rate-regulated customers. PNM Electrics operations consist of generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity for retail electric customers in New Mexico and for wholesale customers in New Mexico and Arizona. PNM Electric also provides transmission services to third parties. PNM Electric also includes the generation and sale of electricity into the wholesale market. PNM Electric provides retail electric service to an area of north central New Mexico, including the cities of Albuquerque and Santa Fe, and certain other areas of southern New Mexico. PNM Electric owns or leases transmission lines, interconnected with other utilities in New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah.
PNM Electric owns or leases 3,170 circuit miles of electric transmission lines, interconnected with other utilities in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, and Utah. PNM Electric includes wholesale activities that consist of the generation and sale of electricity into the wholesale market. PNM Electric also engages in activities to optimize its existing jurisdictional assets and long-term purchase power agreements through spot market, hour ahead, day ahead, week ahead and other sales of any excess generation not required to fulfill PNM Electrics retail load and contractual commitments.
TNMP Electric consists of the operations of TNMP. TNMP is a regulated utility operating in Texas. In Texas, TNMP Electric provides regulated transmission and distribution services. TNMP Electric serves a market of small-to-medium-sized communities most of which have populations of approximately 50,000.
TNMP Electric provides transmission and distribution services at regulated rates to various retail electricity providers (REPs) that, in turn, provide retail electric service within TNMP Electrics Texas service area. As of December 31, 2009, 70 active REPs served customers that receive transmission and distribution services from TNMP Electric. First Choice, TNMP Electrics affiliated REP, was TNMP Electrics major customer for the period ended December 31, 2009.
Optim Energy, LLC (Optim Energy)
Optim Energy, LLC is a limited liability company, owned 50% by each of PNMR and ECJV Holdings, LLC. Optim Energy is focused on unregulated electric operations, principally within the areas of Texas, including the development, operation, and ownership of generation assets and wholesale marketing. Optim Energy owns the Altura Cogen plant, a cogeneration electric and steam generating plant. Optim Energy has also co-developed another electric generating unit at Cedar Bayou.
First Choice is a certified REP operating in Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), which provides electricity to residential, small commercial, and governmental customers. First Choices services include acquiring retail customers, setting up retail accounts, handling customer inquiries and complaints, and acting as a liaison between the transmission and distribution companies and retail customers. First Choice focuses its customer acquisition efforts in the major Texas metropolitan areas that are open to electric choice within ERCOT, including Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Corpus Christi, and McAllen-Harlingen.
In June 2009, the company completed the sale of its natural gas operations, which comprised the PNM Gas segment.
PNM Resources, Inc. was founded in 1917.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PNM RESOURCES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PNM RESOURCES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PNM RESOURCES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PNM RESOURCES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PNM RESOURCES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PNM Resources, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PNM Resources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PNM Resources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PNM Resources, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PNM Resources, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PNM RESOURCES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PNM RESOURCES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PNM RESOURCES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PNM RESOURCES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PNM RESOURCES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PNM RESOURCES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PNM Resources, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PNM Resources, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PNM Resources, Inc. Major Shareholders
PNM Resources, Inc. History
PNM Resources, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PNM Resources, Inc. Offices and Representations
PNM Resources, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PNM Resources, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PNM Resources, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PNM Resources, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
PNM Resources, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PNM Resources, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PNM Resources, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PNM Resources, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PNM Resources, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PNM Resources, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PNM Resources, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PNM Resources, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?