- The report contains detailed information about New ULM Telecom Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for New ULM Telecom Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The New ULM Telecom Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes New ULM Telecom Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of New ULM Telecom Inc. business.
About New ULM Telecom Inc.
New Ulm Telecom, Inc. provides local telephone service, Internet, digital video, and access to long-distance telephone service through local exchange networks.
The companys four incumbent local exchange carriers (ILECs) are New Ulm Telecom, Inc.; Hutchinson Telephone Company; Western Telephone Company; and Peoples Telephone Company. This business consists of connecting customers to the telephone network, providing switched service and private lines, connecting customers to long distance service providers and providing other services associated with ILECs.
The company also provides cable television services (CATV), Internet access services, including both dial-up access and high-speed digital subscriber line (DSL) access, and long distance service. The company installs and maintains telephone systems to the areas in and around its ILEC service territory in southern Minnesota and northern Iowa.
The company has two competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs); one in the city of Redwood Falls, Minnesota, and a second in the city of Litchfield, Minnesota. It operates under the name NU-Telecom in its markets.
This segment contains the operations of:
The companys incumbent local exchange carriers (ILECs): New Ulm Telecom, Inc. (New Ulm), the parent company; Hutchinson Telephone Company (HTC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of New Ulm; Western Telephone Company (Western), a wholly-owned subsidiary of New Ulm; Peoples Telephone Company (Peoples), a wholly-owned subsidiary of New Ulm;
The companys competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs): New Ulm, located in Redwood Falls, Minnesota; Hutchinson Telecommunications, Inc. (HTI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of HTC, located in Litchfield, Minnesota;
The companys investments and interests in the following entities, including management responsibilities: Hector Communications Corporation (33.33% ownership interest); FiberComm, LC, a CLEC located in Sioux City, Iowa (25.18% ownership interest); En-Tel Communications, LLC, a CLEC based in Willmar, Minnesota (31.88% ownership interest); Broadband Visions, LLC, which provides video headend and Internet services (16.38% ownership interest); Independent Emergency Services, LLC, which provides E-911 services to the State of Minnesota and Minnesota Counties (14.29% ownership interest); SHAL Networks, Inc. and SHAL, LLC which together construct and lease fiber-optic communication lines and transport facilities throughout Minnesota (33.33% ownership interest); Direct Communications, LLC which provides services on behalf of SHAL (33.33% ownership interest), and
As of December 31, 2008, the company served approximately 30,000 access lines. The company provides telephone service in Minnesota to the cities of New Ulm, Courtland, Klossner, Searles, Redwood Falls (city only), Springfield, Sanborn, Hutchinson, and Litchfield (city only), and the adjacent rural areas in Brown, Nicollet, Blue Earth, Redwood, McLeod, and Meeker counties in south central Minnesota, approximately 60 to 120 miles southwest of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
In addition, the company also provides telephone services to the community of Aurelia. The segment also operates multiple cable television systems in Minnesota (including the cities of New Ulm, Courtland, Redwood Falls, Springfield, Sanborn, Jeffers, Hutchinson, Litchfield, Cologne, Mayer, and New Germany), and one cable television system in Aurelia, Iowa. These systems serve approximately 9,500 customers.
DSL technology offers customers access to high-speed Internet and traditional voice connectivity over the same connection. This technology is available to approximately 85% of access lines.
This segment contains the sales and service of cellular phones and accessories.
This segment contains the sales and service of customer premise equipment (CPE) and transport operations of New Ulm Phonery, Inc. (Phonery), Western, Peoples, and HTC, all of which are wholly-owned subsidiaries. This segment also contains the resale of long distance toll service operations of New Ulm Long Distance, Inc., HTI; and the retail operation of TechTrends, Inc., all wholly-owned subsidiaries.
Cell #9 owned a 7.55% interest and Peoples owned a 2.33% interest in MWH. MWH provided cellular phone service in southern Minnesota, northwestern Iowa and southwestern Wisconsin.
New Ulm Telecom, Inc. was incorporated in 1905.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. New ULM Telecom Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of New ULM Telecom Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of New ULM Telecom Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. New ULM Telecom Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. New ULM Telecom Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEW ULM TELECOM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
New ULM Telecom Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
New ULM Telecom Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
New ULM Telecom Inc. Major Shareholders
New ULM Telecom Inc. History
New ULM Telecom Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
New ULM Telecom Inc. Offices and Representations
New ULM Telecom Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
New ULM Telecom Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
New ULM Telecom Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
New ULM Telecom Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
New ULM Telecom Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
New ULM Telecom Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
New ULM Telecom Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
New ULM Telecom Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
New ULM Telecom Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
New ULM Telecom Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
New ULM Telecom Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
New ULM Telecom Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?