- The report contains detailed information about Globe Telecom Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Globe Telecom Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Globe Telecom Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Globe Telecom Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Globe Telecom Inc. business.
About Globe Telecom Inc.
Globe Telecom, Inc. provides telecommunication services to individuals and enterprises in the Philippines. The company offers its wireless services, including local, national long distance, international long distance, international roaming and other value-added services through three brands: Globe Postpaid, Globe Prepaid and TM. Globe Postpaid includes all postpaid plans, such as G-Plans and consumable G-Flex Plans, Load Allowance Plans, Time Plans, Apple iPhone 3G Plans and Platinum Plans. Globe Prepaid and TM are the prepaid brands of the company. The company also provides its subscribers with mobile payment and remittance services under the GCash brand.
Globe Telecom, Inc. (Globe): It provides wireless telecommunications services.
Innove Communications Inc. (Innove): Innove, a wholly-owned subsidiary, provides fixed line telecommunications services, consumer broadband services, high-speed internet and private data networks for enterprise clients, services for internal applications, internet protocol-based solutions and multimedia content delivery.
G-Xchange, Inc. (GXI): GXI, a wholly-owned subsidiary, provides mobile commerce services under the GCash brand.
Entertainment Gateway Group Corp., EGGstreme (Hong Kong) Limited and Karton Limited (EGG Group): EGG Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary that provides digital media content and applications.
GTI Business Holdings, Inc. (GTI): GTI, a wholly-owned subsidiary, primarily invests, purchases, subscribes for or otherwise acquires and owns, holds, sells or otherwise disposes of real and personal property of every kind and description.
The company provides wireline voice communications (local, national and international long distance), broadband and data services to individuals, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), corporations and enterprises in the Philippines through Innove.
The company's wireless voice services include local, national and international long distance (ILD) access throughout the Philippines, and international roaming services through various arrangements with foreign operators. The company also offers ILD (international long distance) access to approximately 200 destinations. Through the Bridge Alliance, the company's traveling subscribers can enjoy a suite of value-added services, such as a flat data roaming rate across 11 countries, as well as prepaid top-up facilities.
Through its G-Webcall service, frequent travelers can also stay connected to their families in the Philippines through voice calls from a PC using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) technology. The company also partnered with selected Bridge Alliance members to offer co-branded SIMs to OFWs, which provide them discounted call and SMS rates when connecting with families and friends in the Philippines. It also launched an OFW Family Pack, which includes 2 SIMs an activated international roaming SIM which can be delivered worldwide to the OFW. This pack also included the OneAyala ATM card (a banking, rewards and privilege card offered by various companies under the Ayala Group).
Data and Other Value-Added Services
The company offers wireless data services, such as basic SMS messaging, enhanced SMS, mobile advertising and mobile commerce services.
SMS: The company introduced various SMS packages customized to the different needs and lifestyles of its postpaid and prepaid subscribers. These include all-day, daytime, and night time unlimited SMS offers, as well as packages which provide both unlimited intra-network SMS and discounted inter-network SMS. Both types of service offers are available to Globe and TM subscribers.
Value Added Services: The company offers a range of value-added services covering the areas of information and entertainment (infotainment), messaging and mobile banking. For subscribers with Internet-capable handsets, Globe also introduced its Mobile Internet Flexible Browsing Rates which allow subscribers to choose the way they would be billed for the service. On the mobile content and applications side, Globe partnered with Yahoo!
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLOBE TELECOM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLOBE TELECOM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLOBE TELECOM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLOBE TELECOM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLOBE TELECOM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Globe Telecom Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Globe Telecom Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Globe Telecom Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Globe Telecom Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Globe Telecom Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GLOBE TELECOM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLOBE TELECOM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLOBE TELECOM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. PHILIPPINES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLOBE TELECOM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLOBE TELECOM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLOBE TELECOM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Globe Telecom Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Globe Telecom Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Globe Telecom Inc. Major Shareholders
Globe Telecom Inc. History
Globe Telecom Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Globe Telecom Inc. Offices and Representations
Globe Telecom Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Globe Telecom Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Globe Telecom Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Globe Telecom Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Globe Telecom Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Globe Telecom Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Globe Telecom Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Globe Telecom Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Globe Telecom Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Globe Telecom Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Globe Telecom Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Globe Telecom Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?