- The report contains detailed information about Middlesex Water Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Middlesex Water Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Middlesex Water Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Middlesex Water Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Middlesex Water Co. business.
About Middlesex Water Co.
Middlesex Water Company owns and operates regulated water utility and wastewater systems in New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. The company also operates water and wastewater systems under contract on behalf of municipal and private clients in New Jersey and Delaware.
The company's principal subsidiaries include Tidewater Utilities, Inc. (Tidewater) and Tidewaters wholly-owned subsidiaries, Southern Shores Water Company, LLC (Southern Shores) and White Marsh Environmental Systems, Inc. (White Marsh). Its other subsidiaries are Pinelands Water Company (Pinelands Water) and Pinelands Wastewater Company (Pinelands Wastewater) (collectively, Pinelands); Utility Service Affiliates, Inc. (USA); Utility Service Affiliates (Perth Amboy) Inc., (USA-PA); Tidewater Environmental Services, Inc. (TESI); and Twin Lakes Utilities, Inc. (Twin Lakes).
The Middlesex System in New Jersey provides water services to approximately 59,800 retail customers, primarily in eastern Middlesex County, New Jersey and provides water under wholesale contracts to the City of Rahway, Township of Edison, the Boroughs of Highland Park and Sayreville, and both the Old Bridge and the Marlboro Township Municipal Utilities Authorities. The Middlesex System treats, stores, and distributes water for residential, commercial, industrial, and fire prevention purposes. The Middlesex System also provides water treatment and pumping services to the Township of East Brunswick under contract.
The Middlesex Systems retail customers are located in an area of approximately 55 square miles in Woodbridge Township, the City of South Amboy, the Boroughs of Metuchen and Carteret, portions of the Township of Edison and the Borough of South Plainfield in Middlesex County and, to an extent, a portion of the Township of Clark in Union County. Retail customers include a mix of residential customers, industrial concerns, and commercial and light industrial facilities. These customers are located in developed areas of central New Jersey. Middlesex provides water service to approximately 300 customers in Cumberland County, New Jersey. This system is referred to as Bayview.
Tidewater, together with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Southern Shores, provides water services to approximately 33,200 retail customers for domestic, commercial, and fire protection purposes in approximately 300 separate community water systems in New Castle, Kent and Sussex Counties, Delaware. White Marsh is an additional wholly-owned subsidiary that operates water and wastewater systems under contract for approximately 7,200 residential customers. White Marsh also owns the office buildings that Tidewater uses as its central business office campus.
Utility Service Affiliates-Perth Amboy
USA-PA operates the City of Perth Amboy, New Jerseys water and wastewater systems under a 20-year agreement. USA-PA serves approximately 10,500 customers, majority of whom are served by both the water and wastewater systems.
Pinelands Water provides water services to approximately 2,500 residential customers in Burlington County, New Jersey. Under contract, it also services 1 municipal wastewater system in Burlington County, New Jersey with approximately 200 residential customers.
Utility Service Affiliates, Inc.
USA provides residential customers in New Jersey and Delaware a water service line and sewer lateral maintenance program called LineCare and LineCare+, respectively. These are maintenance programs that cover all parts, material and labor required to repair or replace specific elements of the customers water service line, customer shut-off valve and/or sewer lateral, in the event of a failure.
TESI provides wastewater services to approximately 1,900 residential retail customers in Delaware.
Twin Lakes System
In November 2009, the company acquired the assets of a 120 customer water system in Shohola, Pennsylvania.
Middlesex Water Company was founded in 1897.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Middlesex Water Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Middlesex Water Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Middlesex Water Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Middlesex Water Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Middlesex Water Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MIDDLESEX WATER CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Middlesex Water Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Middlesex Water Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Middlesex Water Co. Major Shareholders
Middlesex Water Co. History
Middlesex Water Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Middlesex Water Co. Offices and Representations
Middlesex Water Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Middlesex Water Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Middlesex Water Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Middlesex Water Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Middlesex Water Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Middlesex Water Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Middlesex Water Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Middlesex Water Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Middlesex Water Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Middlesex Water Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Middlesex Water Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Middlesex Water Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?