- The report contains detailed information about Leap Wireless International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Leap Wireless International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Leap Wireless International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Leap Wireless International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Leap Wireless International Inc. business.
About Leap Wireless International Inc.
Leap Wireless International, Inc., a wireless communications carrier company, offers digital wireless services in the United States under the Cricket brand. The companys Cricket service offerings provide customers with unlimited wireless services for a flat rate without requiring a fixed-term contract or a credit check.
The company's Cricket service is offered by Cricket Communications, Inc. (Cricket), a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, and is also offered in Oregon by LCW Wireless Operations, LLC (LCW Operations), and in the upper Midwest by Denali Spectrum Operations, LLC.
Cricket Business Operations
As of December 31, 2009, Cricket service was offered in 35 states and the District of Columbia and had approximately 5.0 million customers. As of December 31, 2009, it, LCW Wireless License, LLC (LCW License) (a wholly owned subsidiary of LCW Operations), and Denali Spectrum License Sub, LLC (Denali License Sub) (an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Denali) owned wireless licenses covering an aggregate of approximately 186.1 million POPs. The combined network footprint in its operating markets covered approximately 94.2 million POPs as of December 31, 2009, which includes incremental POPs attributed to ongoing footprint expansion in existing markets.
The companys primary Cricket service is Cricket Wireless, which offers customers unlimited wireless voice and data services. In addition to its Cricket Wireless voice and data services, the company offers Cricket Broadband, its unlimited mobile broadband service, which allows customers to access the internet through their computers for one low, flat rate with no long-term commitments or credit checks. The company also offers Cricket PAYGo, a pay-as-you-go unlimited prepaid wireless service designed for customers who prefer the flexibility and control offered by traditional prepaid services but who are seeking more value for their dollar.
Products and Services
Cricket Wireless Service Plans: The companys Cricket Wireless service plans are designed to attract customers by offering predictable and affordable wireless voice and data services that are a competitive alternative to traditional wireless and wireline services. Its service plans allow its customers to place unlimited calls within Cricket service areas and receive unlimited calls from worldwide.
The companys primary Cricket Wireless rate plans include unlimited local and U.S. long distance service from any Cricket service area and unlimited text messaging. It also offers a payment option, BridgePay, which gives its customers flexibility in the use and payment of its Cricket Wireless service. By deploying of EvDO technology across its existing and new markets, the company offers anarray of services to its customers, including high-demand wireless data services such as mobile content and music downloads.
Cricket Wireless Plan Upgrades: The services that customers can add to their Cricket Wireless service plans include packages of international calling minutes to Canada and/or Mexico, and Cricket Flex Bucket service, which allows its customers to pre-purchase services (including additional directory assistance calls, domestic and international long distance, ring tones, premium short message service (SMS) and text messaging to wireless users), and applications (including customized ring tones, wallpapers, photos, greeting cards, games and news and entertainment message deliveries) on a prepaid basis.
Handsets: The companys handsets range from high-end to low-cost models and include models that provide mobile Web browsers, picture-enabled caller ID, color screens, high-resolution cameras with digital zoom and flash, integrated FM radio, and MP3 stereo, USB, infrared and Bluetooth connectivity, approximately 20MB of on-board memory, and other features to facilitate digital data transmission. The handsets that the company offers use CDMA2000 1xRTT, or CDMA 1xRTT, or EvDO technology. In addition, the company offers selective handset upgrade incentives for customers who meet certain criteria. The company facilitates warranty exchanges between its customers and the handset manufacturers for handset issues that occur during the applicable warranty period, and the company works with a third party who provides its customers with an extended handset warranty/insurance program.
Cricket Broadband Service: The company offers Cricket Broadband, its unlimited mobile broadband service offering. Like its Cricket Wireless unlimited service plans, its unlimited mobile broadband service allows customers to access the Internet through their computers. The companys Cricket Broadband service is available to its customers in all of the markets in which it operates. It distributes Cricket Broadband through national mass-market retailers.
Cricket PAYGo Service: In 2008, the company introduced Cricket PAYGo, its unlimited prepaid wireless service. Cricket PAYGo is a pay-as-you-go unlimited prepaid wireless service designed for customers who prefer the flexibility and control offered by traditional pre-paid services but who are seeking greater value for their dollar. It distributes daily and monthly pay-as-you-go versions of its Cricket PAYGo product through national mass-market retailers.
The company's competitors include AT&T, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless.
On October 1, 2010, Leap Wireless International, Inc. and Pocket Communications, Inc. announced that they have formed a Leap-controlled and managed joint venture that provides mobile communications through Leap's Cricket brand to customers in the South Texas region, from San Antonio to Laredo and in the Rio Grande Valley covering approximately 4.4 million potential customers.
Leap Wireless International, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Leap Wireless International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Leap Wireless International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Leap Wireless International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Leap Wireless International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Leap Wireless International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LEAP WIRELESS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Leap Wireless International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Leap Wireless International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Leap Wireless International Inc. Major Shareholders
Leap Wireless International Inc. History
Leap Wireless International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Leap Wireless International Inc. Offices and Representations
Leap Wireless International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Leap Wireless International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Leap Wireless International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Leap Wireless International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Leap Wireless International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Leap Wireless International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Leap Wireless International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Leap Wireless International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Leap Wireless International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Leap Wireless International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Leap Wireless International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Leap Wireless International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?