- The report contains detailed information about Nextwave Wireless Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nextwave Wireless Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nextwave Wireless Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nextwave Wireless Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nextwave Wireless Inc. business.
About Nextwave Wireless Inc.
NextWave Wireless Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, produces, and markets mobile multimedia and consumer electronic connectivity product solutions.
The companys operations have been focused on two segments: Multimedia, consisting of the operations of its subsidiary PacketVideo Corporation (PacketVideo or PV) and Strategic Initiatives, focused on the management of its wireless spectrum interests.
PacketVideo supplies multimedia software and services to the network operators and wireless handset manufacturers. These companies in turn use PacketVideos platform to offer music and video services on mobile handsets, under their own brands. PacketVideos software is compatible with all network technologies including CDMA, GSM, WiMAX, LTE and WCDMA.
PacketVideos OpenCORE platform provides multimedia software capabilities for the OHAs Android operating system.
PacketVideo offers software products for use on PCs, consumer electronics and other devices in the home.
The TwonkyMedia suite of products provide for content search, discovery, organization and content delivery/sharing among consumer electronics products connected to an Internet Protocol-based network. This platform is designed to provide an user experience by responding to user preferences based on content type and content storage location. In addition, PacketVideos patented Digital Rights Management (DRM) solutions, in use by wireless carriers, represent an enabler of digital media convergence by preventing the unauthorized access or duplication of multimedia content used or shared by PacketVideo-enabled devices. Additionally, PacketVideo is a supplier of Microsoft DRM technologies for the wireless market.
In July 2009, a subsidiary of DOCOMO purchased a 35% non controlling interest in its PacketVideo subsidiary. Pursuant to the definitive agreements, DOCOMO was granted certain rights in the event of transfers of PacketVideo stock or assets.
PV Products and Technologies
PacketVideo is a provider of multimedia software and services. PacketVideos software transforms a mobile phone or other mobile device into a multimedia device that allows people to stream, download, and play video and music, receive live TV, or engage in two way video telephony.
CORE Multimedia Framework: PacketVideos CORE software product offers the playback of video and music in millions of mobile phone handsets worldwide. The PacketVideo multimedia framework is an embedded client with options to enable the downloading, streaming, and playback of content files based on all media formats. CORE codec modules include WMA 9/10/Pro, WMV 9, AAC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC V2, AVC/H.264, MPEG-4, Real Audio, Real Video, MP3, MP3 PRO, AMR and WB-AMR.
OpenCORE Open-sourced Multimedia Sub-system: PacketVideo is a member of the Open Handset Alliance, an initiative led by Google to create a mobile handset platform called Android.
TwonkyMedia: TwonkyMedia is a family of customizable software products that auto-detect and link devices through the home, allowing end-users to share and have various forms of mobile-multimedia content on the devices of their choice.
PacketVideo Mobile TV Solutions: PacketVideos mobile TV solutions enable mobile broadcast TV. Features include live streaming TV, VOD, multimedia codecs, picture-in-picture, personal video recorder, fast channel changing, and support for PacketVideos own or third-party electronic service guides.
PacketVideo DRM Solutions: A mobile implementation of content protection and business rules for commercial media consumption. DRM types supported include Windows Media DRM, OMA 1.0 and 2.0, and DTCP-IP.
MediaFusion Server-Client Solution: MediaFusion is a platform that unites disparate media services on the back end and presents a unified user interface on the device.
PV Sales and Marketing: PacketVideo marketing activities focus on the wireless industry. PVs partnerships span throughout North America, Europe, and parts of Asia.
Competition: The primary competitors for the companys multimedia software products are the OEM handset manufacturers, such as Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Apple, RIM, HTC, Palm and others. In addition to the handset manufacturers, companies compete with PacketVideo at various product levels, including Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, MobiTV, QuickPlay, Real Networks and Rovi, offering software products and services that directly or indirectly compete with PacketVideo.
Strategic Initiatives segment
The companys Strategic Initiatives business segment is engaged in the management of its global wireless spectrum holdings. The companys total domestic spectrum holdings consist of approximately 10 billion MHz POPs covering approximately 215.9 million total POPs, with 106.9 million POPs covered by 20 MHz or more of spectrum, and an additional 90.6 million POPs covered by approximately 10 MHz of spectrum.
The companys domestic spectrum resides in the 2.3 GHz Wireless Communication Services (WCS), 2.5 GHz Broadband Radio Service (BRS)/Educational Broadband Service (EBS), and 1.7/2.1 GHz Advanced Wireless Service (AWS) bands and offers propagation and other characteristics suitable to support mobile broadband services.
The companys international spectrum holdings include nationwide 3.5 GHz licenses in Slovakia and Switzerland; a nationwide 2.0 GHz license in Norway; 2.3 GHz licenses in Canada; and 2.5 GHz licenses in Argentina and Chile, covering 145 million POPs.
PVs customers include mobile handset and wireless service providers worldwide, including Cisco, Linksys, Motorola, Nokia, NTT DOCOMO, Inc. (DOCOMO), Rogers Wireless, Orange, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Sony Ericsson, TeliaSonera, and Verizon Wireless.
During 2009, the company completed the sale of certain of its owned AWS spectrum licenses in the United States to third parties.
NextWave Wireless Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nextwave Wireless Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nextwave Wireless Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nextwave Wireless Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nextwave Wireless Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nextwave Wireless Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEXTWAVE WIRELESS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Major Shareholders
Nextwave Wireless Inc. History
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Offices and Representations
Nextwave Wireless Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nextwave Wireless Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nextwave Wireless Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nextwave Wireless Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nextwave Wireless Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nextwave Wireless Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?