- The report contains detailed information about Novatel Wireless Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Novatel Wireless Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Novatel Wireless Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Novatel Wireless Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Novatel Wireless Inc. business.
About Novatel Wireless Inc.
Novatel Wireless, Inc. provides wireless broadband access solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The companys range of products principally includes third generation, or 3G, intelligent mobile hotspots, communications and applications software, USB modems, embedded PCI express mini card modems and wireless PC card and ExpressCard modems.
The companys products are designed to operate across 3G networks. The following summarizes its principal product lines and applications:
Intelligent Mobile Hotspots
The companys MiFi brand of Intelligent Mobile Hotspot provides both WLAN and WWAN wireless connectivity to up to five users simultaneously from an assortment of devices, including notebook computers, music players and digital cameras. In addition to cellular network access, its MiFi product also provides a platform to host native software applications. Software is included on the device so that users dont need to install drivers from a CD. The following is a representative selection of its MiFi products:
The MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot provides broadband connections at speeds up to 3.1 Mbps on CDMA EVDO Rev. A networks: The MiFi 2200 utilizes modem manager software and is compatible with a range of devices, including laptop PCs, PDAs, mobile phones, as well as operating systems including Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher, and Linux. The MiFi 2200 operates on the 800 MHz and 1900 MHz bands.
The MiFi 2352 /2372 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot products provide HSPA capable downloads and uploads on carrier networks at either 900MHz or 850Mhz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz. The MiFi 2352 and MiFi 2372 are capable of downloading files at speeds up to 7.2 Mbps and uploading files at speeds up to 5.76 Mbps. Additionally, through support of GPRS and EDGE, the MiFi 2352 and MiFi 2372 provide global cellular network access.
Expedite Embedded PCI Express Mini Card Modems for OEMs: The companys Expedite brand of Embedded PCI Express Mini Card modems are a form factor specification designed for integration into multiple laptop platforms and other wireless devices. The following is a selection of its Expedite embedded PCI express mini card modems:
The Expedite E760 PCI Express Mini Card includes receiver diversity on 800 and 1900 MHz band CDMA2000 1xEV-DO and CDMA2000 1X networks.
The Expedite E725 PCI Express Mini Card provides dual band (800/1900 MHz) wireless access and is designed to provide mobile broadband connections at speeds up to 3.1 Mbps on CDMA 1xEV-DO Rev. A networks.
The Expedite EU860D PCI Express Mini Card operates on 850, 1900, and 2100 MHz bands on HSDPA and UMTS networks with mobile broadband connection speeds up to 3.6 Mbps on the downlink and up to 384 Kbps on the uplink on HSDPA/UMTS capable networks.
The Expedite EU870D is optimized for Europe and offers receiver diversity and equalizer support and operates globally on 850, 1900 and 2100 MHz bands on HSDPA and UMTS networks. The Expedite EU870D transmits wireless data at speeds up to 3.6 Mbps on the downlink and up to 384 Kbps on the uplink on HSDPA/UMTS networks.
The companys Ovation USB product line provides wireless connectivity interchangeably to both desktop and other fixed computing devices and to laptop PCs and other portable computing devices. The following is a selection of its Ovation products:
The Ovation MC760 USB Modem is a micro-sized broadband Internet device with removable memory storage. The integrated microSD slot of the MC760 provides portable storage options without hindering Internet connection performance. The MC760 operates on EV-DO Rev. A networks. The MC760 is capable of downloads at rates up to 3.1 Mbps and can upload files at rates of up to 1.8 Mbps.
The Ovation MC990D is a 2-in-1 mobile broadband USB modem with microSDHC (high capacity) removable memory, optimized for Europe and North America, with download rates of up to 7.2 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 5.7 Mbps. The MC990D operates on the HSDPA and EDGE networks.
The Ovation MC996D provides network access at both 900MHz and 2100MHz. Utilizing receiver technologies, it is capable
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Novatel Wireless Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Novatel Wireless Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Novatel Wireless Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Novatel Wireless Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Novatel Wireless Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NOVATEL WIRELESS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Novatel Wireless Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Novatel Wireless Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Novatel Wireless Inc. Major Shareholders
Novatel Wireless Inc. History
Novatel Wireless Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Novatel Wireless Inc. Offices and Representations
Novatel Wireless Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Novatel Wireless Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Novatel Wireless Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Novatel Wireless Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Novatel Wireless Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Novatel Wireless Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Novatel Wireless Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Novatel Wireless Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Novatel Wireless Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Novatel Wireless Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Novatel Wireless Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Novatel Wireless Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?