- The report contains detailed information about KAR Auction Services, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for KAR Auction Services, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The KAR Auction Services, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes KAR Auction Services, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of KAR Auction Services, Inc. business.
About KAR Auction Services, Inc.
KAR Auction Services, Inc. provides vehicle auction services in North America. The company facilitates a marketplace providing auction services for sellers of used, or whole car, vehicles and salvage vehicles through its 214 physical auction locations, as of December 31, 2009, and multiple proprietary Internet venues.
In 2009, the company facilitated the sale of approximately 3.3 million used and salvaged vehicles. The company facilitate the transfer of ownership directly from seller to buyer and the company does not take title or ownership to all vehicles sold at its auctions. The company has approximately 150,000 registered buyers at its auctions.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had a network of 62 whole car auction locations and 152 salvage auction locations. The companys auction locations are primarily stand-alone facilities serving to either whole car or salvage auctions. 11 of its locations are combination sites, which offer both whole car and salvage auction services.
The company operates as three business segments: ADESA Auctions, IAAI, and AFC.
The company is a provider of whole car auctions and related services in North America. The company serves its customer base throughout North America, with auction facilities that are located to draw professional sellers and buyers together and allow the buyers to physically inspect and compare vehicles.
Vehicles available at its auctions include vehicles from institutional customers, such as off-lease vehicles, repossessed vehicles, rental vehicles and other program fleet vehicles that have reached a predetermined age or mileage and have been repurchased by the manufacturers, as well as vehicles from dealers turning their inventory.
Customers: Suppliers of vehicles to its whole car auctions primarily include large institutions, such as vehicle manufacturers and their captive finance arms, vehicle rental companies, financial institutions, and commercial fleets and fleet management companies; and franchised and independent used vehicle dealers. Buyers of vehicles at its whole car auctions primarily include franchised and independent used vehicle dealers.
The companys whole car auctions also provide a range of value-added services to sellers and buyers that enable the company to serve as a one-stop shop. Many of these services may be provided or purchased independently from the auction process.
Auction Related Services: ADESA provides marketing and advertising for the vehicles to be auctioned, dealer registration, storage of consigned and purchased inventory, clearing of funds, arbitration of disputes, auction vehicle registration, condition report processing, post-sale inspections, security for consigned inventory, sales results reports, pre-sale lineups and auctioning of vehicles by licensed auctioneers.
Transportation: The company provides both inbound (pickup) and outbound (delivery) transportation services utilizing its own equipment and personnel as well as licensed and insured third party carriers.
Reconditioning Services: The companys ADESA auctions provide detailing, body work, paintless dent repair (PDR), light mechanical work, glass repair, tire and key replacement, and upholstery repair.
Inspection Services provided by AutoVIN: AutoVIN provides vehicle condition reporting, inventory verification auditing, program compliance auditing and facility inspections.
Title and Repossession Administration and Remarketing Services provided by PAR: PAR provides end-to-end management of the remarketing process, including titling, repossession administration, inventory management, auction selection, pricing and representation of the vehicles at auction for those customers seeking to outsource all or just a portion of their remarketing needs.
ADESA Analytical Services: ADESA Analytical Services provides value-added market analysis to its customers, the media and the investment community. These services include access to publications and custom analysis of wholesale market trends for ADESAs customers, including peer group and market benchmarking studies, analysis of the benefits of recon
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. KAR Auction Services, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. KAR Auction Services, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. KAR Auction Services, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KAR AUCTION SERVICES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Major Shareholders
KAR Auction Services, Inc. History
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Offices and Representations
KAR Auction Services, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
KAR Auction Services, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
KAR Auction Services, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
KAR Auction Services, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
KAR Auction Services, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?