- The report contains detailed information about China Natural Gas, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for China Natural Gas, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The China Natural Gas, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes China Natural Gas, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of China Natural Gas, Inc. business.
About China Natural Gas, Inc.
China Natural Gas, Inc. engages in the distribution and sale of natural gas and gasoline to commercial, industrial, and residential customers in the Peoples' Republic of China. The company involves in the distribution and sale of compressed natural gas (CNG) and gasoline through its variable interest entity (VIE) owned CNG fueling stations to gasoline and hybrid powered vehicles. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 24 CNG fueling stations in Shaanxi province and 12 CNG fueling stations in Henan province.
The company operates four main business lines, including distribution and sale of CNG through its VIE-owned CNG fueling stations for hybrid (natural gas/gasoline) powered vehicles (36 stations as of December 31, 2009); installation, distribution and sale of piped natural gas to residential and commercial customers through its VIE-owned pipelines; distribution and sale of gasoline through its VIE-owned CNG fueling stations for gasoline and hybrid (natural gas/gasoline) powered vehicles; and conversion of gasoline-fueled vehicles to hybrid (natural gas/gasoline) powered vehicles at its auto conversion sites.
The company buys all of the natural gas that it sells and distributes to its customers from government owned enterprises and private sources. The natural gas that it buys is available in two forms: piped natural gas; and CNG.
Pipeline Distribution System
The company owns and operates a network of approximately 120 km of high pressure pipeline in the Xian area. The network connects to a high pressure pipeline network of the government operated Shaanxi Natural Gas Company, which supplies natural gas directly from a gas field in the northern region of the province. The companys high pressure pipeline then feed into city-gate let-down stations at Hongqing and Lantian County, where the pressure is reduced and natural gas is transported through a network of low-pressure distribution pipes to supply its residential, commercial and industrial customers in Lantian County and the Lintong and Baqiao Districts. The spur also feeds its compressor station at Hongqing and Xianyan where CNG is collected by tankers to supply CNG fueling stations.
Each of its pipeline customers is physically connected to its pipeline network through company installed and maintained piping and natural gas usage gauges.
CNG and Gasoline Fueling Stations
As of December 31, 2009, the companys VIE operated 24 CNG fueling stations in the Shaanxi province and 12 CNG fueling stations in Henan province. Through these VIE-owned fueling stations, CNG is sold to taxis, buses and private cars that operate with CNG technology.
The companys VIE also own three natural gas compressor stations. Two are located in Xian: Hongqing station, near its pipeline; and Changsheng station. The third station is located in Xianyang city. A compressor station compresses natural gas and allows trucks to transport CNG to fueling stations. The company has a daily processing capacity of 250,000 cubic meters of CNG.
As of December 31, 2009, the company distributed and sold gasoline at eight of its VIE-owned CNG fueling stations for gasoline and hybrid (natural gas/gasoline) powered vehicles in Xi'an.
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project
The company is constructing an LNG processing and distribution plant in Jingbian, Shaanxi province (the LNG Project).
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 108,423 customers, including residential and commercial customers. Its customer base in Xian's newly developed business and residential areas include Baqiao, Hongqing and Xihang, as well as Lingbao in Henan Province. The companys commercial customers, including the Xiwei Aluminum Company and the Hungtian Company, use natural gas as a raw material for their production process. Its pipeline customers purchase natural gas by prepaid cards that can be inserted into the connection equipment to initiate gas flow.
The company purchases its natural gas mainly from four vendors, namely, Shaanxi Natural Gas Co. Ltd., Petrochina Chang Qing Oil Field Branch, Jiyuan City Yuhai Gas Co., Ltd., and Qinshui Lanyan Coal Bed Methane Co., Ltd.
In April 2010, China Natural Gas, Inc. announced that it has received local government approval from Wuhan City, Yichang City, Xiangfan City and Huangshi City in Hubei Province to build liquefied natural gas (LNG) reserve stations, harbor LNG fueling stations, and inland LNG fueling stations in the region.
The company was incorporated in 1999. It was formerly known as Coventure International, Inc. and changed its name to China Natural Gas, Inc. in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. China Natural Gas, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of China Natural Gas, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of China Natural Gas, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. China Natural Gas, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. China Natural Gas, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHINA NATURAL GAS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
China Natural Gas, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
China Natural Gas, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
China Natural Gas, Inc. Major Shareholders
China Natural Gas, Inc. History
China Natural Gas, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
China Natural Gas, Inc. Offices and Representations
China Natural Gas, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
China Natural Gas, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
China Natural Gas, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
China Natural Gas, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
China Natural Gas, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
China Natural Gas, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
China Natural Gas, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
China Natural Gas, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
China Natural Gas, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
China Natural Gas, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
China Natural Gas, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
China Natural Gas, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?