- The report contains detailed information about optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for optionsXpress Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. business.
About optionsXpress Holdings, Inc.
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. provides brokerage and education services in the United States and internationally.
The company operates in two segments, Brokerage Services and Education Services.
The Brokerage Services segment provides Internet-based options, stock, bond, mutual fund, and futures brokerage services to retail customers located throughout the United States and certain other countries.
The Education Services segment offers a range of education products and services which cover a range of financial products, including stock, market analysis, options, foreign exchange, and financial planning.
The company offers a suite of brokerage services for option, futures, stock, mutual fund, and fixed-income investors. It has approximately 350,000 customer accounts.
The company has developed a brokerage platform, which caters to both novice and expert investors. Novice investors are provided with both educational and research material and customer support via an interface. Trading features relevant to expert traders include streaming quotes, charting services, and advanced order services.
Portfolio Margining: With Portfolio Margining, qualified investor margin requirements are based on the theoretical risks of the eligible securities in investors accounts instead of traditional Regulation T requirements.
OX Mobile: OX Mobile gives retail investors a way to monitor and trade any equity, option or future, at any time, from any place and on various smart phones. The mobile application includes trading tools, options chains, streaming quotes, market news, updated account balances, pending orders, and current positions.
Xtend: Xtend is a downloadable software trading platform that is geared towards active derivatives traders. It provides users with a level of flexibility in controlling their trading experience, building on common features of active trader platforms, such as streaming quotes and one-click trading while adding new features like drag-and-drop symbols, detailed trade views and ladder trading.
IDEAS: Ideas is integrated into a customers positions screen and is designed to help customers manage their existing portfolios. The tool scans a customers existing positions looking for new trading opportunities based on their holdings and their views of the marketplace.
Integrated Futures: The company owns online futures broker, XpressTrade, which allows customers to trade futures side-by-side with other securities. optionsXpress customers can trade futures products at approximately 20 exchanges.
Strategy Scan: Strategy Scan enables an investor to transform a trading idea into an executable trade. It accomplishes this by identifying up to three trading opportunities for its customers based upon their bullish, bearish or neutral opinion of a specific stock over a specified time frame. The company identifies the range of potential gain or loss for each trading opportunity.
Xecute (patent pending): The company pioneered online auto-trading for the retail investor. Its Xecute product allows its customers who subscribe to specified third-party advisory newsletters and other financial publications to automate the trading of the third-party recommendations.
Advanced Order Management (patent pending): The companys software allows its retail customers to automate professional trading strategies involving order sequencing without manual intervention. Its customers are able to enter contingent orders which are executed in accordance with specified time, price or other triggers.
Virtual Trading: Virtual trading provides its customers with a mock trading environment where they can practice strategies and educate themselves without risk, utilizing current market information. This provides its customers with a practical method of gaining real market experience without putting money at risk. The companys customers can mock trade various stocks, options and mutual funds, including spreads, straddles, and covered calls.
myOX: myOX allows customers to take control of how they view market and account information by customizing the optionsXp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OPTIONSXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. History
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?