- The report contains detailed information about GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. business.
About GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc.
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. is an online provider of retail foreign exchange trading and related services. The company offers its customers 24-hour direct access to the global OTC, foreign exchange markets, where participants trade directly with one another. Its proprietary trading technology allows its customers to identify, analyze, and execute their trading strategies.
The company provides both buy and sell quotes for each of the 43 currency pairs that it offers. It acts as the counterparty to its customers trades, selling to, and buying from these customers. The company actively manages the trading risk associated with its business in real-time through its hedging and trading activities.
Trading Platforms and Tools
FOREXTrader, the companys retail customer trading platform, is designed for retail traders of all experience levels, providing trade execution along with real-time position and account information, order management features and comprehensive analytical and decision support tools, including charting, news, and market research. The company offers its customers a choice of four versions of the FOREXTrader platform: FOREXTrader, a Windows edition; FOREXTrader.java edition; FOREXTrader.web, a browser-based trading platform; and FOREXTrader.wireless, a fully functional mobile trading solution.
FOREXTrader: The companys flagship trading platform for active traders, features an intuitive user interface, customization features, and a suite of professional trading tools. The FOREXTrader platform is available primarily as a Windows-based desktop application, but is also available in both Java-based and browser-based versions.
Web trading: Web trading is a Web-based environment featuring trading tools, and a learning center, as well as integration of market information, trading functionality, and account management tools.
FOREXTrader.wireless: The companys fully functional mobile trading platform that provides real-time rates, market information, and trading capabilities.
MetaTrader: Third-party trading application that features charting and technical analysis tools along with trade automation capabilities.
CST: The companys proprietary Web-based customer relationship management tool providing support staff with detailed account and trade information, as well as an audit trial of support-related customer interactions.
eMAC: The companys proprietary Web-based tool used by authorized traders to manage pooled customer funds and track trading performance.
Forex Market-Making and Trading Business
The company offers its customers the ability to trade spot forex currency pairs in the OTC market 24-hours a day during forex market trading hours, and allows its customers the ability to trade in 43 different currency pairs. The company offers both standard and mini accounts, which allow customers 100-to-1 and 200-to-1 margin, and minimum lots of $100,000 and $10,000, respectively, in notional trading size.
The company offers its customers the ability to trade equity securities during normal exchange trading hours through its wholly-owned subsidiary, GAIN Securities. GAIN Securities is an SEC registered and FINRA member broker-dealer offering direct access to the listed U.S. equity securities, including stocks, exchange traded funds, or ETFs, options, mutual funds, and bonds. Through GAIN Securities, the company offers its customers a variety of customer account vehicles, including individual, joint, custodian, corporate, investment club, partnership, and trust accounts. The company also offers traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, and Rollover accounts.
The company offers brokerage and related products and services primarily to individual self-directed retail investors primarily to customers in the U.S. through its Internet Web site at www.gainsecurities.com.
Sales and Marketing
As of June 30, 2009, the company had 179,911 opened customer accounts, of which 43,217 were tradable accounts.
The companys customer base is comprised primarily of self-directed retail traders, but also includes managed accounts.
The companys competitors include Forex Capital Markets LLC; Global Futures & Forex, LLC; OANDA Corporation; Capital Markets Services, LLC; FXDirectDealer, LLC; InterbankFX, LLC; OptionsXpress Holdings, Inc.; E*TRADE Financial Corp.; TDAMERITRADE; Scottrade; Saxo Bank; CMC Group; IG Group Holdings plc; City Index Limited; and Interactive Brokers LLC.
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. was incorporated in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GAIN CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. History
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?